2013-14 Spirit Squad Tryouts (Cheerleaders and Mascots)
TRYOUT DATES/TIMES/LOCATION: Wednesday, April 17 at 5-9 p.m. in the Beeghly Center Room 119 (Gymnastics Room on lower level), Friday, April 19 from 5-9 p.m. and Saturday, April 20 at 8 a.m.
Tryout Dates: April 17, April 19 and April
Location: Beeghly Center Room 119. (Gymnastics room located on lower level)
New members: Two-day clinic for all new members will be Wednesday, April 17 and Friday, April 19. Actually try-out date is Saturday, April 20 at 8 a.m.
Returning/Old members: YOU MUST attend a mandatory meeting on on April 17. It is at this point in time that you will return ALL PARTS of uniform and receive your tryout requirements.
***ALL PARTS of your uniform includes, your numbered shell, skirt, liner, warm up jacket, warm up pant, poms, & rain gear in a bag with your first and last name and number assigned to your uniform***
All candidates must attend clinics wearing black shorts, white tank top, with hair pulled up, NO JEWELRY!!!
Please bring a current insurance card and recent photo with your name on it.
DAY ONE: Wednesday, April 17 | 5-9 p.m.
Focus on cheers, fight song, and cheer technique.
All materials will be taught at the clinic.
First cuts will be made at the conclusion of day one.
Day two will be by invitation only.
DAY TWO: Friday, April 19 | 5-9 p.m.
Focus on tumbling and stunting.
NO PRIOR STUNTING EXPERIENCE is necessary!!!
Stunting will be taught and refined during this clinic day.
**PLEASE NOTE: a third clinic day may be added if necessary**
DAY THREE: Saturday, April 20 | 8 a.m - TRYOUT DAY!
**Members of this squad cheer at football games, men's & women's basketball games and will travel based on seat availability.**
Toe touch & Herkie jumps
One large cheer*
The YSU fight song dance*
Partner and quad stunting*
* these materials will be taught during clinic week
Original sideline chant
Tumbling - You must be able to tumble in order to tryout
Unspotted round-off backhandspring
Unspotted standing backhandspring
*Returning Members must be able to consistently throw some sort of a tuck
Other items to be aware of before entering tryout
- These teams are a full-year commitment from May 1 until next year's tryout.
- Current YSU candidates must be considered full time (12 hours) and in good academic standing
- High school seniors must be a full-time student (12 hours) in Fall 2013
- Practice schedule for summer and school year is Mondays/Wednesdays 5-8 p.m.
- A MANDATORY LIFTING SCHEDULE WILL BE GIVEN TO YOU AT THE START OF SUMMER PRACTICES
- You are only excused from 3 summer practices. (EXCUSED meaning: illness, vacations, birthdays, & personal time). After your third missed practice, you will be removed from the team.
For more information contact Jenna Stacy at email@example.com