|Youngstown State at American|
|Date & Time||Saturday, Dec. 10 | 2 p.m.|
|Location||Bender Arena |Washington, D.C.|
|Tickets||YSU Athletic Ticket Office | (330) 941-1YSU
|Radio||iHeartRadio | 1390 WNIO
|Live Tweets||@YSUSports | @YSUMensHoops
|Hash Tags||#GoGuins | #YSUMBB
|Text Alerts||Sign Up|
|Mobile App||YSU Front Row|
|YSU Info||Game Notes | Record Book|
• The Youngstown State men's basketball team returns to the road to face American, Saturday, Dec. 10, in Washington, D.C.
• Tipoff is at 2 p.m. at Bender Arena and the game will be broadcast 1390-AM WNIO.
• The Penguins return for their final non-league home game when they host Niagara, Wednesday, Dec. 14.
• Tipoff is slated for 7 p.m. at the Beeghly Center.
Last Time Out
• Senior Matt Donlan scored a game-high 21 points and junior Francisco Santiago posted his third double-double of the year with 13 points and 10 rebounds but the Youngstown State men's basketball team dropped a 77-57 decision to Michigan State on Tuesday night at the Breslin Center.
• Donlan, who matched a season scoring high, connected on 7-of-15 from the field and 4-of-8 from behind the 3-point arc for his third 20-point game this season and the second in the last three games.
• Donlan has also made 14 3s in the last three games.
• Santiago recorded his first points-rebounds double-double of the season and all 10 of his boards came on the defensive glass.
Donlan Hits For Career High
• Senior Matt Donlan made a career-high seven 3-pointers in the win over Robert Morris on Nov. 30.
• Donlan became just the eighth player in school history to make at least seven 3s in a game.
• It was the 17th time that feat was accomplished and the first time since Blake Allen made seven in 2013.
The Cisco Kid
• Junior Francisco Santiago has stepped up his overall game recently.
• Over the last six contests, Santiago is averaging 16.7 points per game and shooting 58.7 percent from the field (37-for-63) and 47.1 percent (8-for-17) from 3-point range.
• He is also averaging 6.2 assists per game and 5.5 rebounds per game.
Morse Named Preseason All-Horizon League
• Junior Cameron Morse, a 2016 All-Horizon League selection, was named to the Preseason All-Horizon League First-Team.
• Morse led the Horizon League in scoring in league games with 23.3 points per game and ranked second overall with 20.3 points per game.
Donlan Reaches Century Mark From Arc
• With seven 3s against Robert Morris, senior Matt Donlan reached 100 career 3-pointers made.
• In 42 career games, Donlan has made 110 baskets from beyond the arc.
• He has made at least one 3-pointer in 40 of 42 career games, including the last 13 contests.
• For his career, he is averaging 2.6 3-pointers made per game.
• Head Coach Jerry Slocum has 715 career wins and became the 38th head coach in NCAA history to reach 700 wins.
• He ranks 36th all-time eighth among active NCAA Division I coaches with 715 wins.
• He needs four more to tie Don Haskins for 35th on that list.
• American enters the game with a 1-7 overall record and is coming off an 80-70 loss to New Hampshire on Dec. 6.
• Sa'eed Nelson leads the Eagles with 16.3 points per game while Delante Jones has 12.4 points per game.
• Mark Gasperini is also in double figures with 11.8 points per game.
• Those three account of 40.5 of the Eagles' 59.9 points per game.
The American Series
• This is just the second meeting between Youngstown State and American.
• The two teams met last season at the Beeghly Center in the only other clash between the schools.
• American won that contest, 60-56.
A Win Would
• Give Youngstown State its first win over American.
• Mark the program's first win in Washington, D.C. since an 80-73 win over George Washington in 2012.
• Mark YSU's fifth win in the last seven games.
• Mark Jerry Slocum's 716th career win and his 135th at Youngstown State.
• Mark Jerry Slocum's first win over American as YSU's Head Coach.
• Mark YSU's second road win of the season.
• Mark the 1,069th win in YSU program history.
40 is Rare Feat
• Junior Cameron Morse's 40 points against Toledo was just the 19th time in school history a player has scored at least 40 points in a game.
• Morse is also just the sixth player in school history and the second player since 1981-82 to have multiple 40-point games.
• The most recent player to record multiple 40-point games was Reggie Kemp in 1990 and 1993.