|Youngstown State at Northern Kentucky|
|Date & Time||Thursday, Jan. 5 | 7:30 p.m.|
|Location||BB&T Arena |Highland Heights, Ky.|
|Tickets||YSU Athletic Ticket Office | (330) 941-1YSU
|Radio||iHeartRadio |570 WKBN
|TV/Video||ESPN3 | WatchESPN App|
|Live Tweets||@YSUSports | @YSUMensHoops
|Hash Tags||#GoGuins | #YSUMBB
|Text Alerts||Sign Up|
|Mobile App||YSU Front Row|
|YSU Info||Game Notes | Record Book|
• The Youngstown State men's basketball team plays its first Horizon League road game of the season when it visits Northern Kentucky, Thursday, Jan. 5.
• Tipoff is at 7:30 p.m. at BB&T Arena and the game will be broadcast on 570-AM WKBN, ESPN3 and the WatchESPN app.
• The Penguins continue their road trip against Wright State, Saturday, Jan. 7, at 4 p.m.
• The game will be broadcast on the American Sports Network and 1390-AM WNIO.
Last Time Out
• The Penguins are coming off a 90-77 home loss to Green Bay on Dec. 31.
• Sophomore Devin Haygood also scored a career-high 11 points.
Morse Among National Leaders
• With his 33-point and 24-point games last week, junior Cameron Morse now ranks fourth nationally with 23.1 points per game.
• Prior to the Milwaukee contest, Morse was 14th in the country.
• He also ranks second in the Horizon League in scoring.
Hartfield Named Freshman of the Week
• Freshman Braun Hartfield made a big impact off the bench for the Penguins last week.
• He earned the Horizon League's Freshman-of-the-Week Award after averaging 8.5 points and 8.5 rebounds per game.
• Hartfield had eight points and a career-high 11 rebounds in YSU's double-overtime win over Milwaukee.
• He also had two assists and a career-high three blocks.
• Hartfield also had nine points, six rebounds and another block against Green Bay.
• Over the last five games, Hartfield is averaging 7.8 points and 5.6 rebounds in just 18.8 minutes per game.
• Youngstown State's "five's" are giving the Penguins some quality minutes.
• The pair is averaging a combined 14.2 points and 10.5 rebounds per game and have a combined field-goal percentage of .600.
• Haygood has made 63.4 percent of his field-goal tries and Kaufman is at 57.1 percent.
Morse Named Preseason All-Horizon League
• Junior Cameron Morse, a 2016 All-Horizon League selection, was named to the Preseason All-Horizon League First-Team.
• Morse led the Horizon League in scoring in league games with 23.3 points per game and ranked second overall with 20.3 points per game.
Santiago Back-to-Back Double-Doubles
• Junior Francisco Santiago is turning into a double-double machine.
• Last week, Santiago collected consecutive double-doubles against Milwaukee and Green Bay.
• He had 14 points and 10 boards in the 88-87 win over Milwaukee and 18 points and 10 rebounds in the loss to Green Bay.
• This season, he has a total of five double-doubles - three points-rebounds double-doubles and two points-assists double-doubles.
• For his career, Santiago has eight double-doubles.
Donlan Reaches Century Mark From Arc
• With a career-high seven 3s against Robert Morris, senior Matt Donlan reached 100 career 3-pointers made.
• In 47 career games, Donlan has made 116 baskets from beyond the arc.
• He has made at least one 3-pointer in 45 of 47 career games, including the last 15 contests.
• For his career, he is averaging 2.47 3-pointers made per game.
• Head Coach Jerry Slocum has 717 career wins and became the 38th head coach in NCAA history to reach 700 wins.
• He ranks 36th all-time eighth among active NCAA Division I coaches with 717 wins.
• He needs two more to tie Don Haskins for 35th on that list.
About Northern Kentucky
• NKU enters the game with an overall record of 10-5 and a 1-1 Horizon League mark.
• The Norse defeated Detroit Mercy, 81-70, on Dec. 29 but fell to Oakland, 76-65, on Dec. 31.
• Leading the Norse is Lavone Holland II and Drew McDonald each with 15.5 points per game.
The Northern Kentucky Series
• This is the 12th meeting between Youngstown State and Northern Kentucky in a series that dates back to 1976.
• The Penguins own an 8-3 lead in the all-times series and have won two of the last three since 2014.
• Last season the teams split the season series each winning on its own home floor.
• NKU won 84-64 on Jan. 14 and the Penguins won 94-75 on Feb. 27.