|Youngstown State at Toledo|
|Date & Time||Tuesday, Nov. 15 | 8 p.m.|
|Location||Savage Arena | Toledo, Ohio|
|Tickets||YSU Athletic Ticket Office | (330) 941-1YSU
|Radio||iHeartRadio | 570 WKBN
|Video||ESPN3 | Watch ESPN|
|Live Tweets||@YSUSports | @YSUMensHoops
|Hash Tags||#GoGuins | #YSUMBB
|Text Alerts||Sign Up|
|Mobile App||YSU Front Row|
|YSU Info||Game Notes | Record Book|
• The Youngstown State men's basketball team plays its first road game of the season when it visits Mid-American Conference member Toledo, Tuesday, Nov. 15, at Savage Arena.
• Tipoff is slated for 8 p.m. ET and is on 570 AM WKBN, ESPN3 and the WatchESPN app.
• The Penguins will play three games in three days this weekend at the Red Diamond Roundball Classic hosted by South Alabama, Nov, 18-20, in Mobile, Ala.
• The Penguins take on Jacksonville, Friday, Nov. 18, at 5:30 p.m.
Last Time Out
• Junior Cameron Morse scored a game-high 27 points on 10-of-17 shooting to lead the Penguins to a 90-82 win over MAC preseason favorite Akron on Nov. 12.
• Senior Matt Donlan scored 20 points and tied a career high with six 3-pointers.
• Junior Francisco Santiago added 15 points and seven assists.
• The Penguins trailed by as many as 11 points but shot 54.3 percent in the second half en route to the come-back win.
Morse Named Preseason All-Horizon League
• Junior Cameron Morse, a 2016 All-Horizon League selection, was named to the Preseason All-Horizon League First-Team.
• Morse led the Horizon League in scoring in league games with 23.3 points per game and ranked second overall with 20.3 points per game.
• Head Coach Jerry Slocum has 711 career wins and became the 38th head coach in NCAA history to reach 700 wins.
• He ranks 37th with 711 career wins.
• Slocum currently ranks eighth among active NCAA Division I coaches with 711 wins.
• Junior Cameron Morse averaged 14.3 points more per game in his sophomore year from his freshman season.
• That scoring improvement ranks tied for the highest in Youngstown State's Division I era (since 1981-82).
• It matches the best increase in YSU's Division I history of 14.3 points per game by Tilman Bevely from 1985-86 to 1986-87.
• Bevely averaged 9.3 points per game in 1985-86 and 23.6 points per game in 1986-87.
• Toledo enters the game with an 0-1 record after dropping its season opener to St. Joseph's, 77-76, on Nov. 12.
• Jonathan Williams led the Rockets with 18 points while Steve Taylor, Jr., scored 14 points and Daniel Dzierzawski added 13 points.
The Toledo Series
• This is the 13th meeting between Youngstown State and Toledo in a series that dates back to 1942.
• The Penguins and Rockets played four times between 1942 and 1943 and the Rockets won all four meetings.
• The teams took a 54-year hiatus from playing each other but, since 1997, the Penguins and Rockets have squared off eight times.
• The Rockets own a 10-2 advantage in the all-time series and have won the last two games.
• Youngstown State last defeated Toledo, 73-67, in 2010 at the Beeghly Center.
A Win Would
• Give Youngstown State its third win over Toledo.
• Mark YSU's first win over the Rockets since 2010.
• Mark YSU's first win in Toledo.
• Mark Jerry Slocum's 712th career win and his 131st at Youngstown State.
• Mark Jerry Slocum's second win over Toledo.
• Mark the 1,065th victory in program history.
• Give the Penguins an 2-0 overall record.
• Mark YSU's first road win of the season.
Morse 1,000-Point Countdown
• Junior Cameron Morse has scored 737 points in just two seasons and needs 263 more to become the 37th player in school history to reach 1,000 career points.
• Morse's 608 points last season are the ninth most in school history and the third-most since YSU joined Division I in 1981-82.
Donlan Tied Career High
• Senior Matt Donlan tied a career high with six 3-pointers and totaled 20 points in the Penguins' 90-82 win over Akron.
• Donlan has made at least one 3-pointer in 31 of the 33 games in his Youngstown State career.
Guins Dig the Long Ball
• The 3-point shot has been big in the Penguins repertoire in the Jerry Slocum era and Saturday's win over Akron was no different.
• YSU went 11-of-27 from 3-point range against the Zips.
• Last season, the Penguins made 257 3-pointers, which are the second-most in a single season.
• The Penguins have also made at least 200 3-pointers in six straight seasons.
• The school record for most 3s in a season is 270 in 2011-12.