|Youngstown State vs. Valparaiso|
|Date & Time||Thursday, Jan. 12 | 7:45 p.m.|
|Location||Beeghly Center |Youngstown, Ohio|
|Tickets||YSU Athletic Ticket Office | (330) 941-1YSU
|Radio||iHeartRadio |570 WKBN
|TV/Video||ESPN3 | WatchESPN App|
|Live Tweets||@YSUSports | @YSUMensHoops
|Hash Tags||#GoGuins | #YSUMBB
|Text Alerts||Sign Up|
|Mobile App||YSU Front Row|
|YSU Info||Game Notes | Record Book|
• The Youngstown State men's basketball team returns home to host Valparaiso, Thursday, Jan. 12.
• Tipoff is at 7:45 p.m. at the Beeghly Center and the game will be broadcast on 570-AM WKBN, ESPN3 and the WatchESPN app.
• The game is also the second-half of a women's and men's basketball doubleheader.
• The Penguins remain at home when they host UIC, Saturday, Jan. 14.
• Tipoff is set for 7 p.m. at the Beeghly Center and is part of a basketball doubleheader.
Last Time Out
• The Penguins are coming off a 14-point come-from-behind win at Wright State on Jan. 7.
• Junior Francisco Santiago scored 18 of his team-high 20 points in the second half.
• The Penguins outscored the Raiders , 50-31, in the second half and shot 60.6 percent from the field after halftime.
Morse Reaches 1,000 Points
• With 13 points against Northern Kentucky on Jan. 5, junior Cameron Morse became the 37th player in school history to reach 1,000 career points.
• Morse is also the eighth YSU player to score 1,000 career points since 2005.
• Morse has scored 914 points in his last 44 games for an average of 20. points per game.
The Cisco Kid
• Junior Francisco Santiago is tearing it up on the offensive end.
• Santiago scored 18 of his team-high 20 points in the second half against Wright State on Jan. 7.
• Over the last four games, Santiago is averaging 15.8 points, 8.8 rebounds and 4.8 assists per game.
• He is also shooting 48.1 percent from the field in those games.
• Youngstown State's "five's" are giving the Penguins some quality minutes.
• The pair is averaging a combined 14.8 points and 10.1 rebounds per game and have a combined field-goal percentage of .619.
• Haygood has made 64.6 percent of his field-goal tries and Kaufman is at 59.6 percent.
Morse Named Preseason All-Horizon League
• Junior Cameron Morse, a 2016 All-Horizon League selection, was named to the Preseason All-Horizon League First-Team.
• Morse led the Horizon League in scoring in league games with 23.3 points per game and ranked second overall with 20.3 points per game.
Donlan Reaches Century Mark From Arc
• With a career-high seven 3s against Robert Morris, senior Matt Donlan reached 100 career 3-pointers made.
• In 49 career games, Donlan has made 120 baskets from beyond the arc.
• He has made at least one 3-pointer in 47 of 49 career games, including the last 20 contests.
• For his career, he is averaging 2.44 3-pointers made per game.
• Head Coach Jerry Slocum has 718 career wins and became the 38th head coach in NCAA history to reach 700 wins.
• He ranks 36th all-time eighth among active NCAA Division I coaches with 718 wins.
• He needs one more to tie Don Haskins for 35th on that list.
Morse More of the Same
• Junior Cameron Morse is having season very similar to last year.
• Morse currently ranks second in the Horizon league in overall scoring with 21.9 points per game.
• After four league games, he leads the Horizon League with 21.5 points per game.
• The Crusaders enter the game with on overall mark of 12-4 and a league record of 2-1.
• Valparaiso is led by Preseason Player of the Year Alec Peters with 24.2 points per game.
• The Crusaders also have victories over BYU, Alabama and Rhode Island.
The Valparaiso Series
• This is the 43rd meeting between Youngstown State and Valparaiso in a series that dates back to 1989.
• The Crusaders own a 33-9 advantage in the all-time series and have won the last seven contests.
• The last YSU victory was an 80-68 win at the Beeghly Center in 2013.
A Win Would
• Give Youngstown State its 10th win over Valparaiso
• Mark YSU's first over the Crusaders since 2013.
• Snap a seven-game losing skid to the Crusaders.
• Mark YSU's second Horizon League home win.
• Mark Jerry Slocum's 719th career win and his 137th at Youngstown State.
• Mark Jerry Slocum's third win over Valpo.
• Mark YSU's sixth home win of the season.
• Mark the 1,072nd win in YSU program history.
• Give YSU an 9-9 overall record and a 3-2 league record.