|Youngstown State vs. Westminster|
|Date & Time||Tuesday, Nov. 22 | 7 p.m.|
|Location||Beeghly Center | Youngstown, Ohio|
|Tickets||YSU Athletic Ticket Office | (330) 941-1YSU
|Radio||iHeartRadio | 570 WKBN
|Video||ESPN3 | WatchESPN App|
|Live Tweets||@YSUSports | @YSUMensHoops
|Hash Tags||#GoGuins | #YSUMBB
|Text Alerts||Sign Up|
|Mobile App||YSU Front Row|
|YSU Info||Game Notes | Record Book|
The Youngstown State men's basketball team return home to host Westminster, Tuesday, Nov. 22, at the fourth game of the Red Diamond Roundball Classic.
• Tipoff is set for 7 p.m. at the Beeghly Center.
• The game will be broadcast on 570-AM WKBN, ESPN3 and the WatchESPN app.
• The Penguins have consecutive home games for the first time this season when they host Canisius, Saturday, Nov. 26.
• Tipoff is at Noon at the Beeghly Center.
Last Time Out
• The Penguins and Florida International battled through 19 lead changes and 11 ties before YSU came away with a 78-73 win on Nov. 20.
• Junior Cameron Morse led the Penguins with a game-high 29 points on 11-of-17 shooting from the floor.
Morse Leads Nation
• According to the most recent NCAA statistics release (Nov. 21), junior Cameron Morse ranks high among the national leaders in several categories.
• Morse leads the nation with 141 total points and 50 made field goals, ranks fourth with 28.2 points per game.
• He is also sixth nationally with 181 total minutes played.
Kaufman Nets Double-Double
• Senior Jorden Kaufman played one of the best games of his Youngstown State career against South Alabama on Nov. 19.
• Kaufman recorded the third double-double of his career and the first this season with 17 points and 14 rebounds.
• Kaufman connected on 8-of-11 from the field and 12 of his boards were on the defensive glass.
• A pair of Penguins have pretty good streaks going for themselves.
• Donlan ranks tied for fourth in school history with 22 consecutive made free throws from Dec. 2, 2015 through Feb. 6, 2016.
Assist Me, Cisco
• Junior Francisco Santiago has been the proverbial definition of point guard in his 37 games at Youngstown State.
• In those games, Santiago has dished out 160 assists compared to just 82 turnovers for an assist-to-turnover ratio of 2.0.
• This season he is even more impressive with a ratio of 2.6 (21 assists to eight turnovers).
Morse Named Preseason All-Horizon League
• Junior Cameron Morse, a 2016 All-Horizon League selection, was named to the Preseason All-Horizon League First-Team.
• Morse led the Horizon League in scoring in league games with 23.3 points per game and ranked second overall with 20.3 points per game.
Donlan Nears Century Mark From Arc
• Senior Matt Donlan is quickly approaching the century mark from 3-point range.
• In 37 career games, Donlan has made 92 3-pointers and needs eight more for 100.
• He has made at least one 3-pointer in 35 of 37 career games, including the last nine contests.
• For his career, he is averaging 2.5 3-pointers made per game.
• Head Coach Jerry Slocum has 712 career wins and became the 38th head coach in NCAA history to reach 700 wins.
• He ranks 37th with 712 career wins.
• His next win will put him in a tie for 36th all-time with Dave Robbins with 713 wins.
• Slocum currently ranks eighth among active NCAA Division I coaches with 712 wins.
• Westminster enters the game with an overall mark of 2-0.
• The Titans are averaging 89.5 points per game after defeating Pitt-Greensburg, 89-62, on Nov. 18, and Penn State-Beaver, 90-61, on Nov. 19.
• Leading the Titans is Deontay Scott with 14 points per game and Brandon Domenick with 13.5 points per game
The Westminster Series
• This 48th meeting between Youngstown State and Westminster in a series that dates back to 1928.
• The Titans own a 29-18 advantage in the all-time series, but the Penguins won the last outing, 103-57.
• The last Westminster victory was a 68-66 win at the Beeghly Center in 1981.
A Win Would
• Give Youngstown State its 19th win over Westminster.
• Mark Jerry Slocum's 713th career win and his 132nd at Youngstown State.
• Mark Jerry Slocum's second win over Westminster as YSU's Head Coach.
• Mark YSU's second straight win and the second home win of the season.
• Mark the 1,066th win in YSU program history.
40 is Rare Feat
• Junior Cameron Morse's 40 points against Toledo was just the 19th time in school history a player has scored at least 40 points in a game.
• Morse is also just the sixth player in school history and the second player since 1981-82 to have multiple 40-point games.
• The most recent player to record multiple 40-point games was Reggie Kemp in 1990 and 1993.