Hammond, La. - The Youngstown State men's tennis team defeated Lamar 4-3 on Tuesday afternoon at the Southeastern Tennis Center. YSU won the doubles point and won three of four singles matches.
The Guins have won six of their last seven matches.
YSU plays its final match in Louisiana on Wednesday when the Penguins take on Louisiana-Lafayette. The dual is set to start at 4 p.m.
YSU 4, Lamar 3
1. Mistreanu (YSU) def. Rob Lee (Lamar) 6-3, 6-4
2. Carl Lindgyist (Lamar) def. Hagn (YSU) - 6-2, 6-1
3. Bruno Snyder (Lamar) def. Kabli (YSU) - 2-6, 6-3, 7-5
4. Steven McMullan (Lamar) def. Rosa (YSU) - 7-5, 6-3
5. Ismail (YSU) def. Mikko Rajamaki (Lamar) - 6-4, 7-5
6. Campos (YSU) def. Trey Crysel (Lamar) - 6-0, 6-1
1. Hagn/Kabli (YSU) def. Lee/McMullan (Lamar) - 8-3
2. Ismail/Campos vs. Rajamaki/Snyder (Lamar) - 7-3 (unfinished)
3. Mistreanu/Rosa (YSU) def. Crysel/Lindgysit (Lamar) - 8-2