Louisville, Ky. - The Youngstown State men's tennis team dropped a 7-0 match to No. 30 Louisville on Wednesday afternoon at the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center.
The Penguins (5-13) won one of the three doubles matches against the Cardinals (19-6) before being swept in six singles matches.
In singles, Ismail had a strong outing losing 6-2, 7-5 to Luis Elizondo. In the second set, Ismail was tied at five-all before dropping the final two points.
YSU concludes its trip to Kentucky with a match at Morehead State on Thursday.
No. 30 Louisville 7, Youngstown State 0
1. Albert Wagner (LOU) def. Hagn, Sebastian (YSU) 6-1, 6-2
2. Alex Gornet (LOU) def. Mistreanu, Silviu (YSU) 6-1, 6-2
3. Chris Simich (LOU) def. Kabli, Dawoud (YSU) 6-2, 6-1
4. Michael Lippens (LOU) def. Schmerin, Max (YSU) 6-2, 6-1
5. Luis Elizondo (LOU) def. Ismail, Zeeshan (YSU) 6-2, 7-5
6. Jeffrey Brown (LOU) def. Nawghare, Sharvil (YSU) 6-0, 6-0
1. Albert Wagner/Chris Simich (LOU) def. Hagn, Sebastian/Kabli, Dawoud (YSU) 8-3
2. Alex Gornet/Van Damrongsri (LOU) def. Schmerin, Max/Campos, Rodrigo (YSU) 8-3
3. Ismail, Zeeshan/Nawghare, Sharvil (YSU) def. Colton Buffington/Amaury Derognat (LOU) 8-2