The Youngstown State football team will open the 2011 season on Friday night in East Lansing, Mich., against Michigan State. Kickoff at Spartan Stadium is set for 7:30 p.m. in contest that will be carried on the Big Ten Network and 570 WKBN.
For Penguins fans (or those who are not) making the 289-mile campus-to-campus trip, below is some information to make your journey more fan-friendly.
Fans Not Attending the Game Can Follow it:
- Listen in the Youngstown Area on 570 WKBN AM
- Listen to the YSU broadcast on the iHeartRadio app
- Watch on the web by CLICKING HERE (Must have Big Ten Network subscription)
- Live Stats by CLICKING HERE
- Live Blog by CLICKING HERE
In the Youngstown area, the game will be available on Time Warner Cable only. Armstrong Cable does not carry the Big Ten Network. Big Ten Network Channels on Time Warner are 34, 333 and 1333 (HD Broadcast).
The game will also be available on Dish Network and Direct TV. Check channel guide for more information.
Information for YSU fans attending Friday night's game:
- On-campus parking lots will open for game-related parking at 3:30 p.m. No game- or tailgate-related parking will be available prior to this time.
- On-campus public gameday parking will be available for $20 at Munn Field (alcohol-free site).
- The cost for lots north of the railroad tracks will be $15.
- The cost for lots south of the railroad tracks will be $10.
For game-day parking-related questions, please contact MSU Police at (517) 355-8440.
To view an interactive MSU campus map, including the above referenced lots, visit: http://maps.msu.edu/interactive/.
Spartan Stadium - No-Bag/No-Purse Guidelines
- No bags or purses are allowed inside Spartan Stadium. This includes but not limited to: no backpacks, purses of any size, camera cases, binocular cases, wallets not stored in pockets, bags, diaper bags, seat cushions with pockets that are used for storage. If any of these bags are attached to a person's waist or wrist, they are still not allowed in. Bags/purses are not allowed in.
- There is no longer a "Family Needs" entrance (diaper bags are no longer allowed in at this gate or any other gate). Gates C and K are only for those individuals with true medical needs. Those individuals entering at those gates may bring the medical items in any bag. Those bags will be searched and tagged by an MSU Police Officer. The officer working that gate has the final determination if that item is a true medical need.
- Those individuals that need to bring in items that cannot fit into a pocket (camera, sunscreen, diapers, etc.) may bring those items in a clear, one gallon size container.
- Clear, one gallon size containers may come in at any gate and may be subject to search.
- This policy also applies to all volunteers and employees coming thru.
- Bags and purses will be allowed in the tower but they will all be searched and tagged.
- Therefore, all bags that do come into Spartan Stadium (via Gates K, C or the tower) will be searched and tagged.
- There will be no provisions for checking and/or holding items deemed inappropriate. Restricted items, bags and purses may not be left at or around the gates. Items left unattended will be removed and discarded.