The Youngstown State football team will travel to second-seeded Eastern Washington on Saturday in the semifinals of the FCS Playoffs. Kickoff at Roos Field in Cheney, Wash., is set for 6:30 p.m. Eastern/3:30 p.m. Pacific Time.
Yesterday, the Penguins (11-3) earned a dramatic 30-23 double-overtime win over Wofford before a rowdy crowd at Stambaugh Stadium. Neither team scored in the first overtime before the Penguins took a 30-23 lead with a touchdown on their second OT possession. The defense stopped Wofford on four straight plays to end the game.
Eastern Washington (12-1) advanced to the semifinals following an impressive 38-0 win over Richmond. The Eagles defeated Central Arkansas 31-14 in the second round after a first-round bye.
The is the second time the Penguins and Eagles have played in the FCS playoffs. In 1997, YSU beat Eastern Washington 25-14 in a semifinal game. The next week the Guins beat McNeese State for the program's fourth national title.
Eastern Washington University Ticket Information:
- Ticket cost - $20
- Ticket Location - Reserved seating in section P and Q
- Sales - At YSU Athletics Ticket Office until Thursday at Noon (tickets will NOT be mailed)
- YSU Ticket Office Will Call Availability - at Stambaugh Stadium on Wednesday (9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) and Thursday (9:00 a.m. – Noon) Must bring ID
- Gameday Will Call Location - Roos Field at EWU's Stadium at the lower ticket booth by the main gate. Must have ID
- Fly with the Team - Fans interested in traveling can purchase a seat on the team charter for $700 for a round trip. YSU will leave out of Youngstown on Thursday evening. Fans would still need to reserve and pay for two nights lodging and pay for a game ticket on their own. Contact John Tomsich at (330) 941-3801 for flight information.