Eleven former Youngstown State football players went through on-field tests and drills in front of a group of 30 professional scouts and coaches on Tuesday at the WATTS. The group of scouts represented 18 NFL organizations and one from the Canadian Football League.
The former Penguins who took part in Tuesday's workout were Derek Rivers, Avery Moss, LeRoy Alexander, Kenny Bishop, Jameel Smith, Nate Dortch, David Rivers, Martin Ruiz, Jody Webb, Brock Eisenhuth and Dylan Colucci.
Scouts from the following teams were in attendance: Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns, Kansas City Chiefs, Cincinnati Bengals, Green Bay Packers, Oakland Raiders, Tennessee Titans, New England Patriots, Detroit Lions, Jacksonville Jaguars, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons, Philadelphia Eagles, Indianapolis Colts, New York Jets, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, New York Giants and Dallas Cowboys as well as the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the CFL.
Receiving the attention of most of the scouts were Rivers and Moss. The duo, who participated in the NFL Combine earlier this month, were put through a fast-paced workout by NFL Hall of Famer Kevin Greene and coaches from the Lions, Bengals and Eagles organizations.
The defensive backs then held their own drill session, followed by running backs Ruiz and Webb and offensive linemen Eisenhuth and Colucci.
Rivers and Moss did not take part in many drills having already recorded solid numbers at the NFL Combine. Rivers did run the three-cone drill posting a hand-held time of roughly 6.87 seconds and a time of 4.35 in the pro-agility drill. Moss only did the 60-yard shuttle and clocked a time of 12.16 seconds.
Individual Highlights (All times are hand-held and not official)
- Alexander - 40-yard dash (4.58) / 3-Cone (6.89 seconds) / 35-inch vertical jump / 60-yard shuttle (11.15 seconds) / 10 bench press reps
- Bishop - 40-yard dash (4.51) / Pro-Agility (4.36 seconds) / 60-yard shuttle (11.24 seconds) / 9 bench press reps / 30.5 inch vertical jump
- Colucci - 40-yard dash (5.29) / 23 bench press reps / Pro-Agility (4.6 seconds) / 3-cone (8.13 seconds) / 31-inch vertical jump
- Dortch - 40-yard dash (4.61) / 28-inch vertical jump / 3-Cone (6.92 seconds) / 60-yard shuttle (11.33 seconds)
- Eisenhuth - 40-yard dash (5.80) / 20 bench press reps / Pro-Agility (5.15 seconds) / 3-Cone (8.53 seconds)
- David Rivers - 40-yard dash (4.43 seconds) / 14 bench press reps / 33.5 inch vertical jump / Pro-agility (4.23 seconds) / 60-yard shuttle (11.49 seconds)
- Ruiz - 40-yard dash (4.65 seconds) / 21 bench press reps / 34.5-inch vertical jump / Pro-Agility (4.35 seconds) / 3-Cone (7.02 seconds)
- Smith - 40-yard dash (4.59 seconds) / 7 bench press reps / 33-inch vertical jump / 3-Cone (7.05 seconds) / 60-yard shuttle (11.59 seconds)
- Webb - 40-yard dash (4.40 seconds) / 15 bench press reps / 30-inch vertical jump / Pro-Agility (4.29 seconds) / 3-Cone (6.9 seconds) / 60-yard shuttle (11.51 seconds)