The Youngstown State football staff will host the annual Bob Dove Coaching Clinic on Feb. 15-16 at the Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley Race Course in Austintown. Featured guest coach speakers including Notre Dame's Terry Joseph, Purdue's Dale Williams and Kent State's Jonathan Cooley who will be joined by YSU Head Coach Bo Pelini and assistant coaches Sean Baker, Carmen Bricillo and Joe Ganz.
The event is sponsored by The Quad County Coaches Association, the Trumbull County Coaches Association and the Mahoning County Coaches Association.
On Friday, Feb. 15, registration starts at 5 p.m. with the program beginning at 5:50 p.m. YSU Offensive Line Coach Carmen Bricillo will speak at 6 p.m., YSU Quarterbacks Coach Joe Ganz will present at 7 p.m. and Notre Dame Defensive Backs Coach Terry Joseph will speak at 8 p.m. Friday night's session will conclude with a social hour which includes food. On Saturday, Feb. 16, Coach Pelini will welcome all coaches at 8 a.m. YSU Linebackers Coach Sean Baker will present at 8:15 a.m., Purdue Offensive Line Coach Dale Williams will speak at 9 a.m. and Kent State Defensive Backs Coach Jonathan Cooley will present at 9:45 a.m.
The cost of the clinic is $30 per coach for pre-registration and $40 for both days at the door. Saturday's session is $25. The deadline for pre-registration is Feb. 8 and no refunds are available. Additionally, hotel reservations are available at the Hampton Inn Youngstown West located near the Casino at 880 N. Canfield Road.
For more information, contact Bob Spaite with The Quad County Coaches Association at (330) 692-1153 or the YSU Football Office at (330) 941-3478.
Bob Dove Clinic Speakers
- Terry Joseph | Notre Dame | Defensive Backs - Joesph spent the 2018 season with the Irish helping the program to its first-ever berth in the College Football Playoff. UND posted a 12-1 record in 2018 and advanced to the playoff to face Clemson. In 2018, Notre Dame allowed just 18.2 points per game, 347.4 total yards per contest. He was previously an assistant coach at Louisiana Tech (2007-09), Tennessee (2010-11), Nebraska (2012-13), Texas A&M (2014-16) and North Carolina (2017). In 2006, Joseph was a graduate assistant for LSU working with Pelini.
- Dale Williams | Purdue | Offensive Line - Williams has spent the past three seasons coaching the offensive line at Purdue. In 2018, the Purdue offensive line paved the way for an offense that averaged 443.9 yards per game, the sixth-highest average in school history. Previously, Williams coached at Western Kentucky, Florida Atlantic, Findlay, Gardner-Webb, North Greenville College and West Virginia.
- Jonathan Cooley | Kent State | Defensive Backs - Cooley has spent the past two seasons as the secondary coach at Kent State. Cooley has previous coaching experience at Chattanooga (2017), Kentucky (2016), John Carroll (2014-15), Bluffton (2012-13) and Millikin (2011).
- Carmen Bricillo | YSU | Offensive Line - Bricillo is in his 10th year as a member of the YSU coaching staff. He has been a standout offensive line coach for the Guins with 15 players earning All-Missouri Valley Conference honors. He previously coached at Illinois, Akron and Duquesne.
- Joe Ganz | YSU | Quarterbacks - Ganz is in his fourth year as a member of the YSU coaching staff. He coached the quarterbacks in 2018 after spending two seasons working with the tight ends. Ganz was a standout quarterback at Nebraska for Coach Pelini.
- Sean Baker | YSU | Linebackers - Baker served as YSU's linebackers coach in 2018. He was a member of four NFL squads following a successful collegiate career at Ball State.