Posted: Dec 14, 2015
|Youngstown State vs. Geneva
|Date & Time||Tuesday, Dec. 15 |7:05 p.m.
Beeghly Center | Youngstown, Ohio
|Radio||570 WKBN | iHeartRadio|
|@YSUSports | @YSUMensHoops | @JayMe_Hall|
|Hash Tags||#GoGuins | #HLMBB|
|Mobile App||YSU Front Row|
• The Youngstown State men's basketball team plays its last home game of 2015 when it hosts Geneva, Tuesday, Dec. 15, at the Beeghly Center.
• Tipoff is set for 7:05 p.m. ET and is on 570 AM WKBN, ESPN3 and the WatchESPN app.
• The Penguins visit Big Ten foe Michigan, Friday, Dec. 19, in Ann Arbor, Mich.
• Tipoff is set for 6 p.m. at the Crisler Center.
• The Penguins are coming off a 95-64 loss to No. 11 Purdue on Dec. 12 at Mackey Arena.
• Junior Matt Donlan led the Penguins with a career-high 19 points and tied a career best with five 3-pointers.
• Sophomore Sidney Umude scored a season-high 14 points while sophomore Cameron Morse came off the bench to score 10 points.
• Head Coach Jerry Slocum has 703 career wins and became the 38th head coach in NCAA history to reach 700 wins.
• He ranks 37th with 703 career wins.
• Slocum currently ranks eighth among active NCAA Division I coaches with 703 wins.
• Geneva enters the game with an 0-7 record and is coming off an 86-50 loss to Bethany on Dec. 12.
• Chaese Vaudrin leads the Golden Tornadoes with 23.3 points per game.
• Jimmy Leichliter is also in double figures with 14.4 points per game.
The Geneva Series
• This is the 53rd meeting between Youngstown State and Geneva in a series that dates back to 1931.
• The Penguins own a 32-20 advantage in the all-time series and have won the last 15 contests.
• The Penguins won the last meeting in 2012, 93-50.
•The last time Geneva defeated YSU was in 1961.
A Win Would
• Give Youngstown State its 33rd win over Geneva.
• Mark YSU's 16th straight win over the Golden Tornadoes.
• Mark Jerry Slocum's 704th career win and his 123rd at Youngstown State.
• Mark Jerry Slocum's third win over Geneva.
• Mark the 1,057th victory in program history.
• Give the Penguins a 5-6 overall record.
• Mark YSU's third home win of the season.
Hain Climbing Scoring Chart
• With eight points against Purdue, senior Bobby Hain ranks 22nd on the YSU all-time scoring list with 1,171 career points.
• He needs just 17 more to move into 21st place past Ron Smith, who had 1,187 points from 1973-77.
• Hain also has 671 career rebounds and needs 11 more to move into 10th place on the all-time rebounding list.