Posted: Feb 19, 2016
|Youngstown State vs. Green Bay
|Date & Time||Saturday, Feb. 20 | 2 p.m.
Resch Center | Green Bay, Ohio
|Radio||570 WKBN | iHeartRadio|
|@YSUSports | @YSUMensHoops | @JayMe_Hall|
|Hash Tags||#GoGuins | #HLMBB|
|Mobile App||YSU Front Row|
• The Youngstown State men's basketball team begins its final regular-season road trip when it visits Green Bay, Saturday, Feb. 20, at the Resch Center.
• Tipoff is set for 2 p.m. ET and is on 570 AM WKBN, ESPN3, and the WatchESPN app.
• The Penguins will play their final regular-season road game of the year with a matchup against Milwaukee, Monday, Feb. 22.
• Tipoff is slated for 8 p.m. at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena.
• Five players scored in double figures and junior Matt Donlan's tip-in with 1.2 seconds left lifted the Penguins to a 92-91 double overtime win over UIC on Feb. 16.
• Donlan poured in 13 points with nine rebounds.
• Jorden Kaufman scored 11 points and grabbed Horizon-League high 18 rebounds and Jordan Andrews added 11 points.
• Sophomore Cameron Morse is averaging 14.1 points more per game than last season.
• That scoring improvement ranks as the second-highest in Youngstown State's Division I era (since 1981-82).
• The highest increase in YSU's Division I history was 14.3 points per game by Tilman Bevely from 1985-86 to 1986-87.
• Bevely averaged 9.3 points per game in 1985-86 and 23.6 points per game in 1986-87.
• Head Coach Jerry Slocum has 709 career wins and became the 38th head coach in NCAA history to reach 700 wins.
• He ranks 37th with 709 career wins.
• Slocum currently ranks eighth among active NCAA Division I coaches with 709 wins.
About Green Bay
• Green Bay enters the game with an overall record of 16-11 and an 8-6 mark in the Horizon League.
• The Phoenix is averaging 85.1 points per game and is led by Carrington Love with 17.9 points per game.
• Charles Cooper is posting 13.2 points per contest and Jordan Fouse is at 11.8 points and 8.3 rebounds per game.
• Green Bay leads the league with 265 steals.
The Green Bay Series
• This is the 40th meeting between Youngstown State and Green Bay in a series that dates back to 1993.
• The Phoenix own a 30-9 advantage in the all-time series, but the Penguins won the last meeting, 103-93, on Jan. 9 at the Beeghly Center.