Dec 18, 2015
Gamenotes vs. Michigan
|Youngstown State vs. Michigan
|Date & Time||Saturday, Dec. 19 | 6 p.m.
Crisler Center | Ann Arbor, Mich.
|Radio||570 WKBN | iHeartRadio|
|@YSUSports | @YSUMensHoops | @JayMe_Hall|
|Hash Tags||#GoGuins | #HLMBB|
|Mobile App||YSU Front Row|
• The Youngstown State men's basketball team plays returns to the road to visit Big Ten member Michigan, Saturday, Dec. 19, at the Crisler Center.
• Tipoff is set for 6 p.m. ET and is on 570 AM WKBN, ESPN3 and the WatchESPN app.
• The Penguins visit ACC foe Notre Dame, Monday, Dec. 21, in South Bend, Ind.
• Tipoff is set for 7 p.m. at Purcell Pavilion.
• The Penguins are coming off a 99-58 win over Geneva on Dec. 15 at the Beeghly Center.
• Sophomore Sidney Umude scored a career-high 21 points on 7-of-9 shooting to lead the Penguins.
• Junior Matt Donlan had 15 points with three 3-pointers while sophomore Cameron Morse scored 14 points and redshirt freshman Bryce Nickels added 10 points.
• The Penguins collected 28 steals, which is the second-highest single-game total in school history.
• Head Coach Jerry Slocum has 704 career wins and became the 38th head coach in NCAA history to reach 700 wins.
• He ranks 37th with 704 career wins.
• Slocum currently ranks eighth among active NCAA Division I coaches with 704 wins.
• Michigan Head Coach John Beilein has won 725 games in his 38-year career.
• Combined, Slocum and Beilein have won a total of 1,429 career games.
• Michigan enters the game with an 8-3 overall record and is coming off a 77-62 win over Horizon League member Northern Kentucky on Dec. 15.
• Caris LeVert leads the Wolverines with 17 points per game and 5.4 rebounds per game.
• Duncan Robinson is averaging 12.4 points per game and is shooting 60.9 percent from 3-point range.
• Derek Walton, Jr., is averaging 10.4 points per game and connecting on 59.3 percent from behind the 3-point arc.
The Michigan Series
• This is the fifth meeting between Youngstown State and Michigan in a series that dates back to 1984.
• The Wolverines lead the all-time series, 4-0, and won the last meeting, 65-56, in 2006.
Hain Climbing Scoring Chart
• With nine points against Geneva, senior Bobby Hain ranks 22nd on the YSU all-time scoring list with 1,180 career points.
• He needs just eight more to move into 21st place past Ron Smith, who had 1,187 points from 1973-77.
• Hain also has 678 career rebounds and needs four more to move into 10th place on the all-time rebounding list.
To Catch a Thief
• Against Geneva, the Penguins recorded 28 steals as a team.
• It marked the second-highest single-game total in school history.
• The school record is 30 set in 1997.
• It was also just the fifth time in school history the Penguins tallied at least 20 steals in a game.
Donlan Nets Career High
• Junior Matt Donlan turned in a career performance against Purdue on Dec. 12.
• He set a career high with 19 points and tied a career high with five 3-pointers.
• Donlan also dished out a career-best three assists against the Boilermaker.
• Over the last five games, Donlan is averaging 15.2 points per game, has made 17 3-pointers and is shooting 51.9 percent from the field and 51.5 percent from 3-point range
• He also leads the team with 30 3-pointers and ranks fourth in the Horizon League with 2.7-pointers made per game.
• He also ranks 11th with a .435 3-point percentage.
Morse Among Leaders
• Sophomore Cameron Morse is among the Horizon League leaders after the first 11 games of the year.
• Morse ranks third in the league with 2.6 steals per game and ranks tied for sixth with 14.4 points per game.
• He is also seventh in free-throw percentage at .795.
• He poured in a career-high 28 points against FGCU on Nov. 21.
• It marked his second straight 20-point performance and he has scored 106 points in his first seven games played. Morse scored 102 points in 17 games played as a freshman.
Umude Hits Career High
• Sophomore Sidney Umude posted the first 20-point performance of his career against Geneva on Dec. 15.
• Umude scored 21 points on 7-of-9 shooting from the floor and 7-of-9 from the free-line.
• Over the last two games, Umude is averaging 17.5 points per game and 63..2 percent from the field.
• He is averaging 11.4 points per game over the last four games.