Posted: Nov 24, 2015
|Youngstown State vs. Thiel
|Date & Time||Wedneyday, Nov. 25 | 7:05 p.m.
|Arena||Beeghly Center | Youngstown, Ohio|
|Radio||570 WKBN | iHeartRadio|
|@YSUSports | @YSUMensHoops | @JayMe_Hall|
|Hash Tags||#GoGuins | #HLMBB|
|Mobile App||YSU Front Row|
• The Youngstown State men's basketball team returns home for the first time in a week to take on Thiel, Wednesday, Nov. 25, at the Beeghly Center.
• Tipoff is set for 7 p.m. ET and can be heard on 570 AM WKBN and viewed on ESPN3.com and the WatchESPN app.
• The Penguins return to the road to face Niagara, Saturday, Nov. 28, at 3 p.m. in Niagara University, N.Y.
North Dakota Recap
• The Penguins are coming off a 79-69 win over North Dakota on Nov. 23 that marked the 700th career win for Head Coach Jerry Slocum.
• Senior Bobby Hain scored a career-high 29 points and recorded his 20th career double-double with 10 rebounds against the Fighting Hawks.
• Junior Jorden Kaufman scored a career-high 17 points while sophomores Cameron Morse and Francisco Santiago added 14 and 10 points, respectively.
Youngstown State Head Coach Jerry Slocum has 700 career wins and became the 38th head coach in NCAA history to reach 700 wins.
• Slocum currently ranks eighth among active NCAA Division I coaches with 700 wins.
• Thiel enters the game with a 2-3 record after an 81-66 win over La Roche on Nov. 23.
• Khari Bess leads the Tomcats with 13.8 points per game while Luke Kochka is a close second with 13.4 points per contest.
• Tyreik Burton is in double figures at 12.8 points per game.
The Thiel Series
• This is the 17th meeting between Youngstown State and Thiel in a series that dates back to 1927.
• Thiel was Youngstown State's very first men's basketball opponent. The Penguins lost, 53-24, on Dec. 14, 1927.
• Youngstown State has won 11 straight over Thiel since 1937.
A Win Would
• Give Youngstown State its 13th win over Thiel.
• Mark YSU's 12th straight win over Thiel.
• Mark Jerry Slocum's 701st career win and his 120th at Youngstown State.
• Mark Jerry Slocum's third win over Thiel.
• Mark the 1,054th victory in program history.
• Give the Penguins a 2-4 overall record.
• Mark YSU's first home win of the season.
Hain Nets Career High, 1,100 Points
• Senior Bobby Hain scored a career-high 29 points on 12-of-17 shooting in YSU's 79-69 win over North Dakota.
• Hain also recorded the 20th double-double of his career against the Fighting Hawks.
• He also became the 23rd player in school history to score at least 1,100 points in a career.
• Hain ranks 23rd with 1,112 career points.