|Youngstown State vs. Toledo
|Date & Time||Wednesday, Nov. 18 | 7:05 p.m.
|Arena||Beeghly Center | Youngstown, Ohio|
|Radio||570 WKBN | iHeartRadio|
|@YSUSports | @YSUMensHoops | @JayMe_Hall|
|Hash Tags||#GoGuins | #HLMBB|
|Mobile App||YSU Front Row|
The Youngstown State men's basketball team hosts Mid-American Conference foe Toledo, in the 2015-16 home opener on Wednesdsay, Nov. 18, at the Beeghly Center. Tipoff is set for 7:05 p.m. ET and can be heard on 570 AM WKBN and viewed on ESPN3.com.
Kent State Recap
• The Penguins are coming off a tough 79-70 decision to Kent State on Saturday, Nov. 14.
• Senior Bobby Hain led the Penguins with 20 points and seven rebounds while junior Matt Donlon scored 15 points in his YSU debut.
• Sophomore Sidney Umude added 10 points for the Penguins.
• Youngstown State Head Coach Jerry Slocum has 699 career wins and needs just one more to become the 37th coach in NCAA history to win 700 career games.
• Slocum currently ranks eighth among active NCAA Division I coaches with 699 wins.
• Toledo is coming off a 96-65 win over West Virginia Tech on Nov. 14.
• Jaelen Sanford led the Rockets with 22 points while Stuckey Mosley has 17.
• Nathan Boothe and Jonathan Williams each had 15 points for the Rockets.
The Toledo Series
• This is the 12th meeting between Youngstown State and Toledo in a series that dates to 1942 and the first since 2011.
• The Rockets own a 9-2 advantage in the all-time series and won the last meeting, 86-77, in Toledo in 2011.
• Youngstown State won the last meeting in the Beeghly Center, 73-67, in the Beeghly Center in 2010.
A Win Would
• Give Youngstown State its third win over Toledo.
• Mark YSU's third straight win over Toledo at the Beeghly Center.
• Mark Jerry Slocum's 700th career win and his 119th at Youngstown State.
• Mark Jerry Slocum's second win over Toledo.
• Mark the 1,053rd victory in program history.
• Give the Penguins a 1-1 overall record.
• Mark YSU's first home win of the season.
Hain Nets 1,000/600
• With seven rebounds against Kent State on Nov. 14, senior Bobby Hain became the sixth Division I player in YSU history to post at least 1,000 career points and 600 career rebounds.
• Hain also had 20 points on 8-of-16 shooting against the Golden Flashes.
Down Under Wonder
• Junior Matt Donlan turned in a terrific debut for the Penguins against Kent State on Nov. 14.
• The 6-foot-7 forward scored 15 points and had three 3-pointers against the Golden Flashes.
Hain Named Preseason All-Horizon League
• Senior Bobby Hain was named Preseason All-Horizon League Second-Team for the second straight season.
• Hain is the Horizon League active leading scorer with 1,046 career points. He was the 36th player in school history to record 1,000 points.
Penguins Love the Long Ball
• During Jerry Slocum's tenure at YSU, the 3-point shot has played significant role in the Penguins' offense.
• Over the last five year, the Penguins have made at least 200 3-pointers, including 208 last season. The school record of 270 was set in 2011-12.
YSU Single-Season 3-Pointers Made
1. 270 2011-12
2. 249 2013-14
3. 245 2012-13
4. 235 2010-11
5. 208 2014-15