Posted: Feb 21, 2016
|Youngstown State vs. Milwaukee
|Date & Time||Saturday, Feb. 22 | 8 p.m.
UWM Panther Arena | Milwaukee, Wis.
|Radio||570 WKBN | iHeartRadio|
|@YSUSports | @YSUMensHoops | @JayMe_Hall|
|Hash Tags||#GoGuins | #HLMBB|
|Mobile App||YSU Front Row|
• The Youngstown State men's basketball team plays its final regular season road game of the season when it visits Milwaukee, Monday, Feb. 22, at the UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena.
• Tipoff is set for 8 p.m. ET and is on 570 AM WKBN, ESPN3, and the WatchESPN app.
• The Penguins return home to play their final two regular season games at the Beeghly Center beginning with a matchup against Wright State, Thursday, Feb. 25.
• Tipoff is slated for 7:45 p.m. and is part of a men's and women's basketball doubleheader.
• The game s on 570 AM WKBN, ESPN3, and the WatchESPN app.
Green Bay Recap
• The Penguins dropped a tough 107-90 decision to Green Bay on Feb. 20 at the Resch Center.
• Cameron Morse led five players scoring in double figures with 20 points, his 14th 20-point game this season and 11th against the Horizon League.
• Freshman Jordan Andrews scored a career-high 19 points with a career-best six 3-pointers.
• Andrews also tied the YSU freshman record for most 3-pointers in a season.
• Sophomore Sidney Umude came off the bench to score 15 points while Jorden Kaufman and Matt Donlan added 12 and 10 points, respectively.
• Sophomore Cameron Morse is averaging 14.1 points more per game than last season.
• That scoring improvement ranks as the second-highest in Youngstown State's Division I era (since 1981-82).
• The highest increase in YSU's Division I history was 14.3 points per game by Tilman Bevely from 1985-86 to 1986-87.
• Bevely averaged 9.3 points per game in 1985-86 and 23.6 points per game in 1986-87.
• Head Coach Jerry Slocum has 709 career wins and became the 38th head coach in NCAA history to reach 700 wins.
• He ranks 37th with 709 career wins.
• Slocum currently ranks eighth among active NCAA Division I coaches with 709 wins.
• Milwaukee enters the game with a 17-11 overall record and an 8-7 mark in Horizon League play.
• Five players average in double figures led by senior Matt Tiby with 15.2 points per game.
•Akeem Springs averages 13.4 points per game while Jordan Johnson is posting 12.5 points and 7.9 assists per game.
• Austin Arians and J.J. Panoske are averaging 11.2 and 10.4 points per game, respectively.
The Milwaukee Series
• This is the 39th meeting between Youngstown State and Milwaukee in a series that dates back to 1972.
• The Panthers own a 28-10 advantage in the all-times series and have won the last three contests.
Andrews Ties Frosh Mark
• Freshman Jordan Andrews turned in his best offensive performance against Green Bay on Feb. 20.
• Andrews scored a career-high 19 points with a career-best six 3-pointers.
• He also tied the Youngstown State freshman record for most 3-pointers in season with 46.
• He tied Vytas Sulskis, who set the mark in 2007-08.
• Andrews has made 31 of his 46 3-pointers against Horizon League foes and is shooting 43.1 percent from beyond the arc against the league.
Donlan Reaches 70 Mark, Now 5th
• With two 3-pointer against Green Bay on Feb. 20, junior Matt Donlan ranks fifth on the YSU single-season 3-point list with 75.
• Donlan also became the fourth player to make at least 70 3s in one year.
• The others were Blake Allen (2011-12, 2012-13), Marcus Keene (2014-15) and Craig Haese (2000-01).
• He needs 18 more to tie for third (91) on the list with Marcus Keene (2014-15) and Blake Allen (2011-12).
• Sophomore Cameron is one of the top scoring threats in the Horizon League.
• Morse has scored at least 20 points 14 times this season with 11 of those in league play.
• He leads the league with 24.1 points per game in league play and is second overall with 20.1 points per game.
• He has scored 44 points against Green Bay on Jan. 9 and 30 against Detroit on Feb. 6.
• Kendrick Perry is the last player to score at least 30 points in multiple games in a season in 2013-14.
• The last YSU player with at least 13 20-point games in a season was Kendrick Perry with 15 in 2013-14.
• Perry had nine 20-point scoring efforts as a sophomore in 2011-12.
Kaufman Grabs League Best
• Junior Jorden Kaufman posted his second career double-double with 11 points and 18 rebounds against UIC on Feb. 16.
• Kaufman's rebounding total is a Horizon-League high, and the most rebounds in a game by YSU player since Adam Baumann had 21 in 2003.