Posted: Feb 24, 2016
|Youngstown State vs. Wright State
|Date & Time||Thursday, Feb. 25 | 7:45 p.m.
Beeghly Center | Youngstown, Ohio
|Radio||570 WKBN | iHeartRadio|
|@YSUSports | @YSUMensHoops | @JayMe_Hall|
|Hash Tags||#GoGuins | #HLMBB|
|Mobile App||YSU Front Row|
• The Youngstown State men's basketball team returns home to host Wright State, Thursday, Feb. 25, at the Beeghly Center.
• Tipoff is set for 7:45 p.m. ET and is on 570 AM WKBN, ESPN3, and the WatchESPN app.
• The game is part of a YSU men's and women's basketball doubleheader.
• The Penguins will celebrate Senior Night when they host Northern Kentucky in the regular-season finale, Saturday, Feb. 27, at the Beeghly Center.
• Tipoff is slated for 7:05 p.m. and is part of a men's and women's basketball doubleheader.
• The game is on 570 AM WKBN, ESPN3, and the WatchESPN app.
• The Penguins dropped an 87-51 decision to Milwaukee in their final regular-season road game of the year on Feb. 22.
• Junior Matt Donlan was the lone player to reach double figures for the Penguins with 13 points.
• Sophomore Cameron Morse is averaging 13.6 points more per game than last season.
• That scoring improvement ranks as the second-highest in Youngstown State's Division I era (since 1981-82).
• The highest increase in YSU's Division I history was 14.3 points per game by Tilman Bevely from 1985-86 to 1986-87.
• Bevely averaged 9.3 points per game in 1985-86 and 23.6 points per game in 1986-87.
• Head Coach Jerry Slocum has 709 career wins and became the 38th head coach in NCAA history to reach 700 wins.
• He ranks 37th with 709 career wins.
• Slocum currently ranks eighth among active NCAA Division I coaches with 709 wins.
About Wright State
• Wright State enters the game with an overall record of 17-12 and an 11-5 mark in the Horizon League, which is in third place in the standings.
• Leading the Raiders is JT Yoho with 12.7 points per game and Mark Alstork with 12.6 points per contest.
• Joe Thomasson is also in double figures with 10.1 points per game.
• The Raiders average 68 points per game as a team and allow just 66.3 points per game.
The Wright State Series
• This is the 53rd meeting between Youngstown State and Wright State in a series that dates back to 1977.
• The Raiders own a 41-11 advantage in the all-time series and won the last meeting, 81-45, at the Nutter Center on Jan. 16.
• The last Penguins victory over Wright State at the Beeghly Center came in 2014, 68-67.
Andrews Ties Frosh Mark
• Freshman Jordan Andrews turned in his best offensive performance against Green Bay on Feb. 20.
• Andrews scored a career-high 19 points with a career-best six 3-pointers.
• He also tied the Youngstown State freshman record for most 3-pointers in season with 46.
• He tied Vytas Sulskis, who set the mark in 2007-08.
• Andrews has made 31 of his 46 3-pointers against Horizon League foes and is shooting 39.7 percent from beyond the arc against the league.
Donlan Reaches 70 Mark, Now 5th
• With two 3-pointers against Green Bay on Feb. 20, junior Matt Donlan ranks fifth on the YSU single-season 3-point list with 75.
• Donlan also became the fourth player to make at least 70 3s in one year.
• The others were Blake Allen (2011-12, 2012-13), Marcus Keene (2014-15) and Craig Haese (2000-01).
• He needs 18 more to tie for third (91) on the list with Marcus Keene (2014-15) and Blake Allen (2011-12).
• Sophomore Cameron is one of the top scoring threats in the Horizon League.
• Morse has scored at least 20 points 14 times this season with 11 of those in league play.
• He is second in the league with 22.9 points per game in league play and is second overall with 19.6 points per game.
• He has scored 44 points against Green Bay on Jan. 9 and 30 against Detroit on Feb. 6.
• Kendrick Perry is the last player to score at least 30 points in multiple games in a season in 2013-14.
• The last YSU player with at least 13 20-point games in a season was Kendrick Perry with 15 in 2013-14.
• Perry had nine 20-point scoring efforts as a sophomore in 2011-12.
Kaufman Grabs League Best
• Junior Jorden Kaufman posted his second career double-double with 11 points and 18 rebounds against UIC on Feb. 16.
• Kaufman's rebounding total is a Horizon-Leauge high, and the most rebounds in a game by YSU player since Adam Baumann had 21 in 2003.