|Youngstown State at Cleveland State|
|Date & Time||Saturday, Feb. 25 | 3:30 p.m.|
|Location||Wolstein Center | Cleveland, Ohio|
|Tickets||YSU Athletic Ticket Office | (330) 941-1YSU
|Radio||iHeartRadio |570 WKBN
|TV/Video||ESPN3 | WatchESPN App|
|Live Tweets||@YSUSports | @YSUMensHoops
|Hash Tags||#GoGuins | #YSUMBB
|Text Alerts||Sign Up|
|Mobile App||YSU Front Row|
|YSU Info||Game Notes | Record Book|
• The Youngstown State men's basketball team closes out the regular season when it visits in-state rival Cleveland State, Saturday, Feb. 25.
• Tipoff is at 3:30 p.m. at the Wolstein Center and the game will be broadcast on 570-AM WKBN, ESPN3 and the WatchESPN app.
• The Penguins will participate in the 2017 Little Caesar's Horizon League Basketball Championships, also known as "MotorCity Madness," March 3-7, at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Mich.
Last Time Out
• The Penguins are coming off a 101-72 loss at Oakland on Feb. 21.
• Junior Francisco Santiago added 11 points.
Morse Climbing 1,000-Point Chart
• With 13 points in the last meeting against Northern Kentucky on Jan. 5, junior Cameron Morse became the 37th player in school history to reach 1,000 career points.
• Morse now ranks 17th all-time with 1,332 career points.
• He became the 18th player in school history to reach 1,300 career points.
• Morse is also the eighth YSU player to score 1,000 career points since 2005.
• Morse has scored 1,230 points in his last 57 games for an average of 21.7 points per game.
• Sophomore Devin Haygood posted a career-best night against Oakland on Feb. 2.
• Haygood scored a career-high 21 points with a career-best nine rebounds.
• He also connected on 9-of-11 from the field, both of which are career highs.
• Against Detroit Mercy on Feb. 4, he scored 14 points on 6-of-8 shooting from the floor.
• Over the last six games, he has made 22 of his last 34 field-goal attempts.
• Haygood has an overall field-goal percentage of .612, and, in league play, it is .608.
Hartfield Coming of Age
• Freshman Braun Hartfield is really coming of age late in his first season.
• Hartfield posted the first double-double of his career with 18 points and 10 rebounds against Detroit Mercy on Feb. 4.
• He posted a career-scoring high in back-to-back games after his 19-point performance against Detroit on Jan. 16.
• Against the Titans, Hartfield connected on 7-of-11 from the field with two 3-pointers.
• He also had 19 points against UIC on Jan. 14.
• Hartfield scored a career-high 19 points on 8-of-12 shooting from the floor.
• Over the last 17 games, Hartfield is averaging 10.9 points and 5.9 rebounds per game.
• He is also shooting 48.6 percent from the field.
• He has also scored in double figures eight time in Horizon League play.
200, 2K Streaks
• The Penguins continued a pair of impressive streaks recently.
• With 10 3-pointers made against Valparaiso, the Penguins reached 200 made 3s in a season for the seventh straight season.
• YSU has 221 3-pointers this season and the school record is 270 set in 2011-12.
• The Penguins have also extended their 2,000 points in a season streak to eight straight years.
• YSU has scored 2,322 points this season, and the school mark is 2,461 set in 2013-14.
Morse All-League Candidate
• Junior Cameron Morse, a 2016 All-Horizon League selection, was named to the Preseason All-Horizon League First-Team.
• Morse led the Horizon League in scoring in league games with 23.3 points per game and ranked second overall with 20.3 points per game.
• This year, He leads the league in scoring with 23 points per game overall and 23.6 points per game in league games.
Donlan Reaches Century Mark From Arc
• With a career-high seven 3s against Robert Morris, senior Matt Donlan reached 100 career 3-pointers made.
• In 62 career games, Donlan has made 139 baskets from beyond the arc.
• He has made at least one 3-pointer in 57 of 62 career games.
• For his career, he is averaging 2.24 3-pointers made per game.
• Head Coach Jerry Slocum has 721 career wins and became the 38th head coach in NCAA history to reach 700 wins.
• He ranks 35th on that list and is ninth on the active Division I coaches list.
• Junior Cameron Morse's 622 points this season rank ninth on the YSU single-season list and the fourth-most in YSU's Division I era.
• He also became just the third player in YSU history to record at least 600 points in consecutive seasons.
• Morse became the 18th YSU player to score 1,300 points in a career and currently ranks 17th with 1,332 career points.
The Cisco Kid
• Junior Francisco Santiago also posted a career-scoring high against the Golden Grizzlies on Feb. 2.
• Santiago made a career-best 11 field goals and scored a career-high 26 points.
• He made 11-of-18 shooting from the field with a pair of 3-pointers.
• It marked the seventh 20-point game of his career.
About Cleveland State
• Cleveland State enters the game with an 8-21 overall mark and a 4-13 record in the Horizon League.
• Rob Edwards leads the Vikings with 16 points per game and Bobby Word is posting 11.3 points per game.
The Cleveland State Series
• This is the 87th meeting between Youngstown State and Cleveland State in a series that dates back to 1930.
• The Vikings own a slim 45-41 advantage in the all-time series, but the Penguins have won two of the last three games.
• YSU won the last meeting, 67-64, on Jan. 28 at the Beeghly Center.
40 is Rare Feat
• Junior Cameron Morse's 44 points against UIC on Feb. 9 was just the 21st time in school history a player has scored at least 40 points in a game.
• Morse is also just the sixth player in school history and the second player since 1981-82 to have multiple 40-point games.
• He is also just the third player in school history to have at least three 40-point games in a career.
• The most recent player to record four 40-point games was John McElroy from 1965-69.
• Morse is also just one of two players nationally to have scored 40 points three or more times this year.
Multiple 40-Point Games
4 John McElroy
4 Tony Knott
3 Jeff Covington
2 Reggie Kemp
2 Leo Mogus
Cisco Among League Leaders
• Junior Francisco Santiago is among the Horizon League leaders in several categories.
• Santiago, who is averaging 11.9 points per game, is ranks tied for second with 4.6 assists per game and 1.4 steals per game.
• He is also second with a 2.1 assist-to-turnover ratio.
• His 42 steals are also approaching the YSU single-season top 10 list.
• He is four away from tying for 10th on that list.