|Youngstown State vs. Jacksonville|
|Date & Time||Friday, Nov. 18 | 5:30 p.m.|
|Location||Mitchell Center | Mobile, Ala.|
|Tickets||YSU Athletic Ticket Office | (330) 941-1YSU
|Radio||iHeartRadio | 570 WKBN
|Live Tweets||@YSUSports | @YSUMensHoops
|Hash Tags||#GoGuins | #YSUMBB
|Text Alerts||Sign Up|
|Mobile App||YSU Front Row|
|YSU Info||Game Notes | Record Book|
The Youngstown State men's basketball team plays three games in three days when it takes on Jacksonville, Friday, Nov. 18, in the Red Diamond Roundball Classic in Mobile, Ala.
• Tipoff is slated for 5:30 p.m. ET and is on 570 AM WKBN.
• The Penguins will play host South Alabama, Saturday at 3:05 p.m., and close out the Classic against Florida International on Sunday at 1:30 p.m.
• The Penguins return home to host Westminster, Tuesday, Nov. 22, in the fourth game of the Red Diamond Roundball Classic.
• Tipoff is set for 7 p.m. at the Beeghly Center.
Last Time Out
• The Penguins overcame a 21-point second half deficit to force overtime but dropped a 103-98 decision to Toledo on Nov. 15.
• Youngstown State hit three 3s in the final 21.5 seconds of regulation to force the extra period.
• Junior Cameron Morse scored a game-high 40 points on career-best 17 made field goals.
Morse Named Preseason All-Horizon League
• Junior Cameron Morse, a 2016 All-Horizon League selection, was named to the Preseason All-Horizon League First-Team.
• Morse led the Horizon League in scoring in league games with 23.3 points per game and ranked second overall with 20.3 points per game.
• Head Coach Jerry Slocum has 711 career wins and became the 38th head coach in NCAA history to reach 700 wins.
• He ranks 37th with 711 career wins.
• Slocum currently ranks eighth among active NCAA Division I coaches with 711 wins.
• Junior Cameron Morse averaged 14.3 points more per game in his sophomore year from his freshman season.
• That scoring improvement ranks tied for the highest in Youngstown State's Division I era (since 1981-82).
• It matches the best increase in YSU's Division I history of 14.3 points per game by Tilman Bevely from 1985-86 to 1986-87.
• Bevely averaged 9.3 points per game in 1985-86 and 23.6 points per game in 1986-87.
• Jacksonville enters the game with a 1-1 record and is coming off a an 86-68 loss to Air Force on Nov. 14.
• The Dolphins also beat Denver, 92-84, on Nov. 12.
• J.R. Holder leads the Dolphins with 22.5 points per game while Cody Helgeland is averaging 14 points per game.
The Jacksonville Series
• This is the first meeting between Youngstown State and Jacksonville.
A Win Would
• Give Youngstown State its first win over Jacksonville.
• Mark Jerry Slocum's 712th career win and his 131st at Youngstown State.
• Mark Jerry Slocum's first win over Jacksonville.
• Mark the 1,065th victory in program history.
• Give the Penguins an 2-1 overall record.
• Mark YSU's first neutral site win of the season.
40 is Rare Feat
• Junior Cameron Morse's 40 points against Toledo was just the 19th time in school history a player has scored at least 40 points in a game.
• Morse is also just the sixth player in school history and the second player since 1981-82 to have multiple 40-point games.
• The most recent player to record multiple 40-point games was Reggie Kemp in 1990 and 1993.
Multiple 40-Point Games
4 John McElroy
4 Tony Knott
3 Jeff Covington
2 Reggie Kemp
2 Leo Mogus
Davis Has Career Night
• Sophomore Latin Davis turned in a career-best performance against Toledo on Nov. 15.
• Davis scored a career-high 19 points on a career-best seven made field goals.
• He also hit a 3-pointer with 11 seconds lefts in regulation to help force overtime.
Morse 1,000-Point Countdown
• Junior Cameron Morse has scored 777 points in just two seasons and needs 223 more to become the 37th player in school history to reach 1,000 career points.
• Morse's 608 points last season are the ninth most in school history and the third-most since YSU joined Division I in 1981-82.
Donlan Tied Career High
• Senior Matt Donlan tied a career high with six 3-pointers and totaled 20 points in the Penguins' 90-82 win over Akron.
• Donlan has made at least one 3-pointer in 32 of the 34 games in his Youngstown State career.
Guins Dig the Long Ball
• The 3-point shot has been big in the Penguins repertoire in the Jerry Slocum era and Saturday's win over Akron was no different.
• YSU went 11-of-27 from 3-point range against the Zips.
• Last season, the Penguins made 257 3-pointers, which are the second-most in a single season.
• The Penguins have also made at least 200 3-pointers in six straight seasons.
• The school record for most 3s in a season is 270 in 2011-12.
Donlan Among Nation's Best
• Senior Matt Donlan proved he is one of the nation's top 3-point shooters.
• Donlan led the Penguins with 82 3-pointers made, ranked fourth nationally and set a YSU single-season record last year with a .463 3-point percentage.
Francisco, That's Fun to Say
• Junior Francisco Santiago turned in a solid season at the point guard position for the Penguins last year.
• Santiago has dished out 139 assists, ranked fourth in the league with 4.3 assists per game and sixth with 1.4 steals per game.
• Santiago is also tied for sixth with an assist-to-turnover ratio of 1.9.
• Junior Cameron Morse is one of the top scoring threats in the Horizon League.
• Morse has scored at least 20 points 19 times in his career.
• He scored a career-high 44 points against Green Bay on Jan. 9, 2016, and 30 against Detroit on Feb. 6, 2016.
• Kendrick Perry is the last YSU player to score at least 30 points in multiple games in a season in 2013-14.
• The last YSU player with at least 15 20-point games in a season was Kendrick Perry with 15 in 2013-14.
• Perry had nine 20-point scoring efforts as a sophomore in 2011-12.