|Youngstown State at Michigan State|
|Date & Time||Tuesday, Dec. 6 | 7 p.m.|
|Location||Breslin Center |East Lansing, Mich.|
|Tickets||YSU Athletic Ticket Office | (330) 941-1YSU
|Radio||iHeartRadio | 570 WKBN
|TV/Video||ESPNU | WatchESPN App|
|Live Tweets||@YSUSports | @YSUMensHoops
|Hash Tags||#GoGuins | #YSUMBB
|Text Alerts||Sign Up|
|Mobile App||YSU Front Row|
|YSU Info||Game Notes | Record Book|
• The Youngstown State men's basketball team plays the first of two members from the Big Ten Conference when it visits, Michigan State, Tuesday, Dec. 6, at the Breslin Center.
• Tipoff is at 7 p.m. at the Breslin Center and the game will be broadcast on ESPNU and 570-AM WKBN.
• The Penguins stay on the road and visit American, Saturday, Dec. 10.
• Tipoff is slated for 2 p.m. and will be broadcast on 1390-AM WNIO.
Last Time Out
• Five players scored in double figures as the Penguins knocked off Oberlin, 87-72, on Dec. 3, at the Beeghly Center.
Morse Among Nation's Leaders
• According to the most recent NCAA statistics release (Dec. 4), junior Cameron Morse ranks high among the national leaders in several categories.
• Morse ranks fifth in points per game (23.7) and 29th in total field goals made (60).
Donlan Hits For Career High
• Senior Matt Donlan made a career-high seven 3-pointers in the win over Robert Morris on Nov. 30.
• Donlan became just the eighth player in school history to make at least seven 3s in a game.
• It was the 17th time that feat was accomplished and the first time since Blake Allen made seven in 2013.
The Cisco Kid
• Junior Francisco Santiago has stepped up his overall game recently.
• Over the last five contests, Santiago is averaging 17.4 points per game and shooting 66.7 percent from the field (32-for-48) and 60 percent (6-for-10) from 3-point range.
• He is also averaging 7.2 assists per game and 4.6 rebounds per game.
Morse Named Preseason All-Horizon League
• Junior Cameron Morse, a 2016 All-Horizon League selection, was named to the Preseason All-Horizon League First-Team.
• Morse led the Horizon League in scoring in league games with 23.3 points per game and ranked second overall with 20.3 points per game.
Donlan Reaches Century Mark From Arc
• With seven 3s against Robert Morris, senior Matt Donlan reached 100 career 3-pointers made.
• In 41 career games, Donlan has made 106 baskets from beyond the arc.
• He has made at least one 3-pointer in 39 of 41 career games, including the last 13 contests.
• For his career, he is averaging 2.6 3-pointers made per game.
Santiago Nets Double-Double
• Junior Francisco Santiago posted the third double-double of his career against Canisius on Nov. 26.
• He scored a career-high 23 points with 11 assists.
• Head Coach Jerry Slocum has 715 career wins and became the 38th head coach in NCAA history to reach 700 wins.
• He ranks 36th all-time eighth among active NCAA Division I coaches with 715 wins.
• He needs four more to tie Don Haskins for 35th on that list.
About Michigan State
• Michigan State enters the game with a 5-4 record and is coming off an 80-76 win over Oral Roberts on Dec. 3.
• The Spartans also lost to Duke, 78-69, on Nov. 29.
• Miles Bridges leads the Spartans with 16.6 points and 8.8 rebounds per game.
• Eron Harris and Nick Ward are also averaging in double figures with 12.6 and 12.0 points per game, respectively.
The Michigan State Series
• This is just the second meeting between Youngstown State and Michigan State.
• The only other contest between the schools was on Nov. 9, 2006.
• The Spartans won that game, 86-61, at the Breslin Center.