|Youngstown State at Valparaiso|
|Date & Time||Saturday, Feb. 11 | 8 p.m.|
|Location||Athletics-Recreation Center | Valparaiso, Ind.|
|Tickets||YSU Athletic Ticket Office | (330) 941-1YSU
|Radio||iHeartRadio |570 WKBN
|TV/Video||ESPN3 | WatchESPN App|
|Live Tweets||@YSUSports | @YSUMensHoops
|Hash Tags||#GoGuins | #YSUMBB
|Text Alerts||Sign Up|
|Mobile App||YSU Front Row|
|YSU Info||Game Notes | Record Book|
• The Youngstown State men's basketball team closes its short two-game road trip when it visits Horizon League leader Valparaiso, Saturday, Feb. 11.
• Tipoff is at 8 p.m. at the Athletics-Recreation Center and the game will be broadcast on 570-AM WKBN, ESPN3 and the WatchESPN app.
• The Penguins return home to play their final two games at the Beeghly Center starting with a matchup against Wright State, Thursday, Feb. 16.
• Tipoff is slated for 7:45 p.m. at the Beeghly Center and will be broadcast on 570-AM WKBN and ESPN3.
Last Time Out
• The Penguins are coming off a tough 84-81 loss to UIC on Feb. 9.
• Cameron Morse tied a career high and set the UIC Pavilion record with 44 points.
• He made a career-high 18 field goals.
• It marked Morse's fourth career 40-point game.
• Senior Matt Donlan added 13 points in the loss.
Morse Climbing 1,000-Point Chart
• With 13 points against Northern Kentucky on Jan. 5, junior Cameron Morse became the 37th player in school history to reach 1,000 career points.
• Morse now ranks 20th all-time with 1,237 career points and needs 19 more to move into 19th place.
• Morse is also the eighth YSU player to score 1,000 career points since 2005.
• Morse has scored 1,135 points in his last 53 games for an average of 21.4 points per game.
• Sophomore Devin Haygood posted a career-best night against Oakland on Feb. 2.
• Haygood scored a career-high 21 points with a career-best nine rebounds.
• He also connected on 9-of-11 from the field, both of which are career highs.
• Against Detroit Mercy on Feb. 4, he scored 14 points on 6-of-8 shooting from the floor.
• Over the last three games, he has made 17 of his last 23 field-goal attempts.
• Haygood ranks second overall in the Horizon League with .625 field-goal percentage.
• In league play, he is third at .632.
Hartfield Coming of Age
• Freshman Braun Hartfield is really coming of age late in his first season.
• Hartfield posted the first double-double of his career with 18 points and 10 rebounds against Detroit Mercy on Feb. 4.
• He posted a career-scoring high in back-to-back games after his 19-point performance against Detroit on Jan. 16.
• Against the Titans, Hartfield connected on 7-of-11 from the field with two 3-pointers.
• He also had 19 points against UIC on Jan. 14.
• Hartfield scored a career-high 19 points on 8-of-12 shooting from the floor.
• Over the last 13 games, Hartfield is averaging 10.7 points and 6.3 rebounds per game.
• He is also shooting 50.5 percent from the field.
Morse Named Preseason All-Horizon League
• Junior Cameron Morse, a 2016 All-Horizon League selection, was named to the Preseason All-Horizon League First-Team.
• Morse led the Horizon League in scoring in league games with 23.3 points per game and ranked second overall with 20.3 points per game.
• This year, he is second in the league with 22.9 points per game overall and leads the league with 23.6 points per game in league play.
Donlan Reaches Century Mark From Arc
• With a career-high seven 3s against Robert Morris, senior Matt Donlan reached 100 career 3-pointers made.
• In 58 career games, Donlan has made 134 baskets from beyond the arc.
• He has made at least one 3-pointer in 55 of 58 career games.
• For his career, he is averaging 2.31 3-pointers made per game.
• Donlan ranks 11th all-time and needs two more to move into 10th place on the career 3-pointers made list.
• Head Coach Jerry Slocum has 720 career wins and became the 38th head coach in NCAA history to reach 700 wins.
• He ranks 35th on that list and is ninth on the active Division I coaches list.
The Cisco Kid
• Junior Francisco Santiago also posted a career-scoring high against the Golden Grizzlies on Feb. 2.
• Santiago made a career-best 11 field goals and scored a career-high 26 points.
• He made 11-of-18 shooting from the field with a pair of 3-pointers.
• It marked the seventh 20-point game of his career.
• Valparaiso enters the game with an overall record of 20-5 and a Horizon League leading 10-2 mark.
• Senior Alec Peters leads the Crusaders and the league with 23.2 points and 10.9 rebounds per game.
The Valpo Series
• This is the 44th meeting between Youngstown State and Valparaiso in a series that dates back to 1989.
• The Crusaders own a 34-9 advantage in the all-time series and have won the last eight games.
• The Crusaders won the first meeting this season, 78-62, on Jan. 12 at the Beeghly Center.
• The Penguins have not won in Valparaiso since 1998.
A Win Would
• Give Youngstown State its 10th win over Valparaiso
• Mark YSU's first over the Crusaders since 2013.
• Snap an eight-game losing skid to the Crusaders.
• Mark YSU's first win in Valpo since 1998.
• Mark YSU's third Horizon League road win.
• Mark Jerry Slocum's 721st career win and his 140th at Youngstown State.
• Mark Jerry Slocum's third win over Valpo.
• Mark YSU's fourth road win of the season.
• Mark the 1,074th win in YSU program history.
• Give YSU an 11-16 overall record and a 5-9 league record.
40 is Rare Feat
• Junior Cameron Morse's 44 points against UIC on Feb. 9 was just the 21st time in school history a player has scored at least 40 points in a game.
• Morse is also just the sixth player in school history and the second player since 1981-82 to have multiple 40-point games.
• He is also just the third player in school history to have at least three 40-point games in a career.
• The most recent player to record four 40-point games was John McElroy from 1965-69.
Multiple 40-Point Games
4 John McElroy
4 Tony Knott
3 Jeff Covington
2 Reggie Kemp
2 Leo Mogus
Assist Me, Cisco
• Junior Francisco Santiago has been the proverbial definition of point guard in his 58 games at Youngstown State.
• In those games, Santiago has dished out 268 assists compared to just 132 turnovers for an assist-to-turnover ratio of 2.03.
• This season he is even more impressive with a ratio of 2.22 (129 assists to 58 turnovers).
• He leads the Horizon League with 5.0 assists per game and 2.2 assist-to-turnover ratio.
• He is also the ninth player in YSU's Division I history to record 250 career assists.
• He also needs six more to move into 10th on the all-time list.
• This year, Santiago has recorded at least five assists 16 times.