|Youngstown State at Wright State|
|Date & Time||Saturday, Jan. 7 | 4 p.m.|
|Location||Nutter Center |Dayton, Ohio|
|Tickets||YSU Athletic Ticket Office | (330) 941-1YSU
|Radio||iHeartRadio |1390 WNIO
|TV/Video||ESPN3 | WatchESPN App | MyYTV | ASN|
|Live Tweets||@YSUSports | @YSUMensHoops
|Hash Tags||#GoGuins | #YSUMBB
|Text Alerts||Sign Up|
|Mobile App||YSU Front Row|
|YSU Info||Game Notes | Record Book|
• The Youngstown State men's basketball team plays goes for its first Horizon League road win when it visits Wright State, Saturday, Jan. 7
• Tipoff is at 4 p.m. at the Nutter Center and the game will be broadcast on 1390-AM WNIO, ESPN3, the WatchESPN app, the American Sports Network and MyYTV.
• The Penguins return home to host Valparaiso, Thursday, Jan. 12.
• Tipoff is set for 7:45 p.m. at the Beeghly Center and is part of a basketball doubleheader.
Last Time Out
The Penguins are coming off an 83-70 loss to Northern Kentucky on Jan. 5.
• Morse became the 37th player in YSU history to score 1,000 career points.
• Senior Brett Frantz added 10 points.
Morse Reaches 1,000 Points
• With 13 points against Northern Kentucky on Jan. 5, junior Cameron Morse became the 37th player in school history to reach 1,000 career points.
• Morse is also the eighth YSU player to score 1,000 career points since 2005.
• Morse has scored 898 points in his last 43 games for an average of 20.9 points per game.
Hartfield Named Freshman of the Week
• Freshman Braun Hartfield made a big impact off the bench for the Penguins last week.
• He earned the Horizon League's Freshman-of-the-Week Award after averaging 8.5 points and 8.5 rebounds per game.
• Hartfield had eight points and a career-high 11 rebounds in YSU's double-overtime win over Milwaukee.
• He also had two assists and a career-high three blocks.
• Hartfield also had nine points, six rebounds and another block against Green Bay.
• Over the last six games, Hartfield is averaging 7.8 points and 5.2 rebounds in just 18.9 minutes per game.
• Youngstown State's "five's" are giving the Penguins some quality minutes.
• The pair is averaging a combined 14.3 points and 10.4 rebounds per game and have a combined field-goal percentage of .605.
• Haygood has made 63.3 percent of his field-goal tries and Kaufman is at 58.0 percent.
Morse Named Preseason All-Horizon League
• Junior Cameron Morse, a 2016 All-Horizon League selection, was named to the Preseason All-Horizon League First-Team.
• Morse led the Horizon League in scoring in league games with 23.3 points per game and ranked second overall with 20.3 points per game.
Santiago Back-to-Back Double-Doubles
• Junior Francisco Santiago is turning into a double-double machine.
• Last week, Santiago collected consecutive double-doubles against Milwaukee and Green Bay.
• He had 14 points and 10 boards in the 88-87 win over Milwaukee and 18 points and 10 rebounds in the loss to Green Bay.
• This season, he has a total of five double-doubles - three points-rebounds double-doubles and two points-assists double-doubles.
• For his career, Santiago has eight double-doubles.
• Over the last three games, Santiago is averaging 14.3 points, 9.7 rebounds and five assists per game.
Donlan Reaches Century Mark From Arc
• With a career-high seven 3s against Robert Morris, senior Matt Donlan reached 100 career 3-pointers made.
• In 48 career games, Donlan has made 117 baskets from beyond the arc.
• He has made at least one 3-pointer in 46 of 47 career games, including the last 15 contests.
• For his career, he is averaging 2.47 3-pointers made per game.
• Head Coach Jerry Slocum has 717 career wins and became the 38th head coach in NCAA history to reach 700 wins.
• He ranks 36th all-time eighth among active NCAA Division I coaches with 717 wins.
• He needs two more to tie Don Haskins for 35th on that list.
About Wright State
• Wright State enters the game with an overall record of 11-5 and a 2-1 mark in the Horizon League.
• The Raiders are coming off a 55-51 win over Cleveland State on Jan. 5.
• Leading the Raiders is Mark Alstork with 19.2 points per game.
• Steven Davis is averaging 15.6 points and 4.5 rebounds per game.
• Grant Benzinger and Justin Mitchell are averaging in double figures with 10.7 and 10.2 points per game, respectively.
The Wright State Series
• This is the 54th meeting between Youngstown State and Wright State in a series that dates back to 1977.
• The Raiders own a 42-11 advantage in the all-time series and have won the last two games.
• The last time the Penguins defeated the Raiders was a 74-69 win in 2015 at the Nutter Center.
A Win Would
• Give Youngstown State its 12th win over Wright State.
• Mark YSU's first win in Dayton since 2015.
• Snap a two-game losing skid to the Raiders
• Mark YSU's first Horizon League road win.
• Mark Jerry Slocum's 718th career win and his 136th at Youngstown State.
• Mark Jerry Slocum's sixth win over Wright State
• Mark YSU's second road win of the season.
• Mark the 1,071st win in YSU program history.
• Give YSU an 8-9 overall record and a 2-2 league record.