Dec 28, 2017
|Youngstown State at Indiana|
|Date & Time||Friday, Dec. 29 @ 8 p.m. EDT|
|Location||Assembly Hall | Bloomington, Ind.|
|Game Notes||YSU Notes | Indiana Notes|
|Radio||570 WKBN | iHeartRadio|
|TV/Video||Big Ten Network | Watch Online|
|Live Tweets||@YSUMensHoops | @YSUSports|
|Hash Tags||#GoGuins | #HLMBB|
|Mobile App||YSU Front Row|
Youngtown State Storylines
• First-year Head Coach Jerrod Calhoun became the program's 13th head coach on March 28, 2017.
• Senior guard Cameron Morse needs just 412 more points to become the third player in program history to record 2,000 points in a career.
• Morse is the 12th player in school history to score 1,500 points and ranks 10th all-time with 1,588.
• Morse also needs 404 points to become YSU's Division I all-time leading scorer. The YSU Division I scoring record is 1,991 by set by Kendrick Perry (2010-14).
• Senior guard Francisco Santiago ranks eighth in school history with 306 career assists. He became the ninth player in school history with 300 assists in a career.
• YSU set single-game records for most points (134), steals (37) and margin of victory (88) in its 134-46 win over Franciscan on Nov. 14. YSU also tied the mark for most field-goal attempts.
• According to College Basketball Reference, freshman Garrett Covington is the fourth player since 2010 to have 7+ steals and a 100% FG% in a game, and the first to score double-digits while doing it. Covington had 16 points, tied a school record with seven steals and had eight assists vs. Franciscan.
• Sophomore Braun Hartfield set a career-scoring high with 33 points against Canisius on Nov. 18. He also tied a career high with five 3-pointers.
• The Youngstown State men's basketball team plays its fifth straight road game and close out the non-league portion of their schedule against Big Ten foe Indiana, Friday, Dec. 29.
• Tipoff is set for 8 p.m. at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind.
• The game will be broadcast on 570 WKBN and the Big Ten Network.
• The Penguins open Horizon League play and close out their six-game road swing against Cleveland State, Monday, Jan. 1.
• Tipoff is set for 1 p.m. at the Wolstein Center in Cleveland, Ohio.
• The game will be broadcast on 570 WKBN and ESPN3.
Last Time Out
• The Penguins dropped a 91-74 decision to Utah State on Dec. 20 in Logan, Utah.
• Senior Cameron Morse led the Penguins with 23 points and made five 3-pointers.
• Morse also had five rebounds and five assists against the Aggies.
• Sophomore Braun Hartfield and freshman Garrett Covington also reached double figures with 12 and 10 points, respectively.
The Indiana Series
• This is the first meeting between Youngstown State and Indiana.
• The Hoosiers enter the game with an overall record of 7-6 and are coming off an 87-59 win over Tennessee State on Dec. 21.
• Leading IU is Juwan Morgan with 15.2 points and 7.3 rebounds per game.
• Robert Johnson and De'Ron Davis are also scoring in double figures with 12.5 and 10.2 points per game, respectively.
Morse 2,000-Point Countdown
• Senior Cameron Morse has scored 1,588 career points and needs 412 points to become the third player in school history to score 2,000 career points.
• Morse also needs 404 points to become YSU's Division I all-time leading scorer with 1,992 points.
• He needs 12 more points to become just fourth player in YSU's Division I history to record 1,600 points and the ninth player all-time.
• Morse also ranks 51st on the Horizon Leauge all-time scoring list.
• He needs four points more to crack the top 50.
• Last season, Morse scored 711 points and had 608 as a sophomore.
To Catch a Thief
• Youngstown State currently leads the Horizon League with 113 steals and 9.4 steals per game.
• The Penguins also rank 13th nationally in steals per game.
YSU vs. B1G
• This is the first meeting between Youngstown State and Indiana, but this is the 19th time the Penguins will face a team from the B1G.
• Youngstown State owns a record of 0-18 against teams from the B1G.
Hartfield Eighth In Scoring
• Sophomore Braun Hartfield ranks high on the Horizon League 2017-18 scoring list.
• The Cleveland, Ohio, native ranks eighth with 14.7 points per game through 12 games.
• Hartfield has made 10 of his last 15 3-point field-goal attempts and ranks fourth in the Horizon League with a .419 3-point percentage.