Posted: Feb 07, 2018
|Youngstown State at UIC|
|Date & Time||Thursday, Feb. 8 @ 8 p.m.|
|Location||UIC Pavilion | Chicago, Ill.|
|Game Notes||YSU Notes | UIC Notes|
|Radio||570 WKBN | iHeartRadio|
|TV/Video||ESPN3 | WatchESPN|
|Live Tweets||@YSUMensHoops | @YSUSports|
|Hash Tags||#GoGuins | #HLMBB|
|Mobile App||YSU Front Row|
Youngtown State Storylines
• First-year Head Coach Jerrod Calhoun became the program's 13th head coach on March 28, 2017.
• Senior guard Cameron Morse needs just 225 more points to become the third player in program history to record 2,000 points in a career.
• Morse became the 10th player school history to score 1,700 points and ranks 8th all-time with 1,775.
• Morse also needs 217 points to become YSU's Division I all-time leading scorer. The YSU Division I scoring record is 1,991 by set by Kendrick Perry (2010-14).
• Freshman Naz Bohannon became the first YSU freshman to post at least three double-double in season since joining the Horizon League in 2001-02.
• Bohannon ranks fourth in Horizon League play with 8.8 rebounds per game. He also ranks tied for fifth overall with 7.8 rpg.
• Senior Cameron Morse has scored 1,022 points in his last 48 Horizon League games for an average of 21.3 points per game.
• Morse ranks in the YSU top 10 in 3-pointers made (2nd), points per game (7th), scoring (8th), free throws made (8th), field goals made (9th), steals (9th), assists (10th).
• Sophomore Braun Hartfield ranks 8th in the Horizon League in scoring (14.9), second in steals per game (1.7).
• In league play, Hartfield ranks sixth in scoring (16.0 points per game) and Morse ranks eighth (15.4 points per game).
• The Youngstown State men's basketball team head to the Windy City for a return game against UIC, Thursday, Feb. 8, in Chicago, Ill.
• Tipoff is slated for 8 p.m. at the UIC Pavilion.
• The game will be broadcast on 570 WKBN and ESPN3.
• The Penguins close out their road trip at Horizon League newcomer IUPUI, Saturday, Feb. 10.
• Tipoff is slated for 1 p.m. at the Indiana Farmers Coliseum.
• The game will be broadcast on 570 WKBN and ESPN3.
Last Time Out
• The Penguins fell to Wright State, 83-57, on Feb. 3, at the Beeghly Center.
• Sophomore Braun Hartfield led the Penguins with 20 points.
• Freshman Naz Bohannon recorded double-figures in rebounding with 13 boards and nearly missed a double-double with nine points.
The UIC Series
• This is the 40th meeting between Youngstown State and UIC in a series that dates back to 1993.
• UIC leads the all-time series, 28-11, and has won the last three meetings.
• The Flames won the last meeting between the schools, 92-78, at the Beeghly Center on Jan. 18.
• The last time these schools played at the UIC Pavilion, the Flames came away with an 84-81 victory in 2017.
• YSU's last win at the UIC Pavilion was an 82-78 victory in 2016.
Morse Now in 8th Place on YSU Scoring List
• With 23 points against IUPUI on Jan. 20, senior Cameron Morse moved into eighth place on the YSU all-time scoring list and now has 1,775 career points.
• He also ranks third on the YSU Division I scoring chart.
• Morse needs nine more points to move into seventh place and 25 more to become the seventh player in school history to school history to score 1,800 points in a career.
• Morse needs 225 points to become the third player in school history to score 2,000 career points.
• Morse also needs 217 points to become YSU's Division I all-time leading scorer with 1,992 points.
• Last season, Morse scored 711 points and had 608 as a sophomore.
Penguins Second in 3-Point Shooting in League Play
• Over the last 12 games, Youngstown State has been one of the top 3-point shooting team in the Horizon League.
• The Penguins rank second the league with a .389 3-point percentage and ranks second with 8.3 3-pointers made per game.
• YSU also leads the league with 14.2 offensive rebounds per game and rank second in rebounding margin in Horizon League contests with a +4.1.
Robinson Net Career High, Leads HL
• In the 95-85 loss to Northern Kentucky, junior Tyree Robinson posted a career-high 19 points on 9-of-10 shooting from the floor.
• Robinson also dished out three assists with a pair of steals and block.
• Robinson now is tied for the Horizon League lead with a .628 field-goal percentage.
• Against league opponents, Robinson fares even better with a league-best .621 field-goal percentage.
Benton Among 3 Leaders
• Senior Jaylen Benton ranks among the top 3-point shooters in the Horizon League.
• Benton carries a 3-point percentage of .379 and ranks 14th in the Horizon League.
•He also ranks third on the team with 54 assists.
• Benton has also scored in double figures eight times this season.
Bohannon Board Crashing
• Freshman Naz Bohannon is becoming one of the Horizon League's top rebounders.
• Over the last 16 games, Bohannon has grabbed 141 rebounds for an average of 8.8 per game.
• Bohannon ranks fifth in the Horizon League with 7.8 rebounds per game and is averaging 8.8 rebounds in league play, which ranks fourth.
• He has recorded five double-digit rebound games and had at least six rebounds in 19 of 24 games.
A Win Would
• Give Youngstown State its 12th win over UIC.
• Snap a three-game losing streak to UIC.
• Mark YSU's fourth win over UIC at the UIC Pavilion.
• Mark Jerrod Calhoun's 131st career win and his seventh at Youngstown State.
• Mark the 1,083rd victory in program history.
• Give the Penguins an 7-19 overall record and a 5-8 mark in the Horizon League.
• Mark YSU's second road win of the season.
• Match YSU's Horizon League win total from last season.