Jan 14, 2018
|Youngstown State at Wright State|
|Date & Time||Monday, Jan. 15 @ 4 p.m.|
|Location||Nutter Center | Fairborn, Ohio|
|Game Notes||YSU Notes | Wright State Notes|
|Radio||570 WKBN | iHeartRadio|
|TV/Video||ESPN3 | WatchESPN|
|Live Tweets||@YSUMensHoops | @YSUSports|
|Hash Tags||#GoGuins | #HLMBB|
|Mobile App||YSU Front Row|
Youngtown State Storylines
• First-year Head Coach Jerrod Calhoun became the program's 13th head coach on March 28, 2017.
• Senior guard Cameron Morse needs just 306 more points to become the third player in program history to record 2,000 points in a career.
• Morse became the 10th player school history to score 1,600 points and ranks 10th all-time with 1,694.
• Morse also needs 298 points to become YSU's Division I all-time leading scorer. The YSU Division I scoring record is 1,991 by set by Kendrick Perry (2010-14).
• Freshman Naz Bohannon became the first YSU freshman since 2012-13 to post multple double-doubles in a season.
• Junior Tyree Robinson has made 20-of-34 field-goal attempts in Horizon League play for a FG% of .588.
• Senior Cameron Morse has scored 941points in his last 41 Horizon League games for an average of 22.95 points per game.
• Morse ranks in the YSU top 10 in 3-pointers made (t-3rd), points per game (6th) field goals made (9th) and scoring (10th). He's approaching top 10 FTs made.
• Sophomore Braun Hartfield ranks 12h in the Horizon League in scoring (14.2), third in steals per game (1.7).
• YSU is averaging 9.8 made 3s per game over last 5 after making just 6.4 per game in first 13 contests this season. YSU shot just 28.9% from 3 in first 13 games, 45.8% in last 5.
• The Youngstown State men's basketball team closes out their three-game road to with a match up against Wright State, Monday, Jan. 15.
• Tipoff is slated for 4 p.m. at the Nutter Center in Dayton, Ohio.
• The game will be broadcast on 570 WKBN and ESPN3.
• The Penguins return home for a pair of games beginning with a matchup against UIC, Thursday, Jan. 18.
• Tipoff is slated for 7 p.m. at the Beeghly Center.
• The game will be broadcast on 570 WKBN and ESPN3.
Last Time Out
• Six players scored in double figures for the second time this season but the Peguins dropped a 93-91 decision at Detroit Mercy on Jan. 12.
• Senior Cameron Morse led the Penguins with 26 points and tied a career-high with six 3-pointers.
• Junior Devin Haygood posted his second double-double of the season with 14 points and 11 rebounds, while freshman Naz Bohannon also had a double-double with a career-high 13 points and career-best 12 boards.
• Freshman Garrett Covington and junior Tyree Robinson each had 11 points while sophomore Braun Hartfield added 10 points.
The Wright State Series
• This is the 56th meeting between Youngstown State and Wright State in a series that dates back to 1977.
• The Raiders own a 43-12 advantage in the all-time series, but the Penguins have won two of the last three games at the Nutter Center.
• The Penguins won, 80-75, last season at the Nutter Center, but lost 84-81, at the Beeghly Center.
Morse 2,000-Point Countdown
• Senior Cameron Morse has scored 1,694 career points and needs 306 points to become the third player in school history to score 2,000 career points.
• Morse also needs 298 points to become YSU's Division I all-time leading scorer with 1,992 points.
• He became just fourth player in YSU's Division I history to record 1,600 points and the 10th player all-time.
• Morse is the 48th player in Horizon League history to score at least 1,600 career points and ranks tied for 43rd on the Horizon League all-time scoring list.
• Last season, Morse scored 711 points and had 608 as a sophomore.
• Junior Devin Haygood and freshman Naz Bohannon each posted double-doubles against Detroit Mercy on Jan. 12.
• It marked the first time since 2014 against South Dakota that two players posted double-doubles in the same game.
Bohannon Doublin' Up
• Freshman Naz Bohannon posted the second double-double of his career with career bests in points (13) and rebounds (12) against Detroit Mercy on Jan. 12.
• He is the first YSU freshman since 2012-13 to post multiple double-doubles in the same season.
• The last freshman to do so was Bobby Hain.
Ferguson Turns In Career-Best Performance
• Sophomore Jeremiah Ferguson scored a career-high 21 points on a career-best 8-of-12 shooting from the floor against Oakland on Jan. 10.
• It marked the first 20-point game of Ferguson's career.
• Over the previous eight games, Ferguson scored just 17 points on 6-of-21 shooting from the field.
Morse Named POW
• Senior Cameron Morse was named the Horizon League Player of the Week on Jan. 8.
• Morse, who picked up the third weekly award of his career, led the Penguins to a 2-0 week with wins over Milwaukee (72-63) and Green Bay (85-74) and gave YSU its first 3-0 start in Horizon League play since joining the conference in 2001-02.
• The Flint, Mich., native averaged 22 points, 4.5 rebounds, 5.5 assists and 2.5 steals per game while shooting 51.6 percent from the field and 47.4 percent (9-for-19) from 3-point range.
• Against Milwaukee, Morse scored 25 points with five rebounds, six assists and four steals while going 9-of-16 from the floor with five 3-pointers.
• In the win over Green Bay, he scored 19 points with four 3-pointers and five assists
To Catch a Thief
• Youngstown State currently leads the Horizon League with 165 steals and 9.2 steals per game.
• The Penguins also rank 14th nationally in steals per game.
Hartfield Among League Leaders
• Sophomore Braun Hartfield ranks high in several Horizon League statistical categories.
• The Cleveland, Ohio, native ranks third with 1.7 steals per game and tied for 12th with 14.2 points per game.
• He has 15 double figure scoring games this season and four of more than 20, including a career-high 33 against Canisius on Nov. 18.
• He scored a team-high 22 points in YSU's 80-77 win over Cleveland State on Jan. 1.
A Win Would
• Give Youngstown State its 13th win over Wright State.
• Mark Youngstown State's second straight win at the Nutter Center and the third since 2015..
• Mark Jerrod Calhoun's 130th career win and his sixth at Youngstown State.
• Mark the 1,082nd victory in program history.
• Give the Penguins an 6-13 overall record and a 4-2 mark in the Horizon League
• Mark YSU's second road win of the season.