Posted: Feb 02, 2018
|Youngstown State vs. Wright State|
|Date & Time||Saturday, Feb. 3 @ 7 p.m.|
|Location||Beeghly Center |Youngstown, Ohio|
|Game Notes||YSU Notes | WSU Notes|
|Radio||570 WKBN | iHeartRadio|
|TV/Video||ESPN3 | WatchESPN|
|Live Tweets||@YSUMensHoops | @YSUSports|
|Hash Tags||#GoGuins | #HLMBB|
|Mobile App||YSU Front Row|
Youngtown State Storylines
• First-year Head Coach Jerrod Calhoun became the program's 13th head coach on March 28, 2017.
• Senior guard Cameron Morse needs just 233 more points to become the third player in program history to record 2,000 points in a career.
• Morse became the 10th player school history to score 1,700 points and ranks 8th all-time with 1,767.
• Morse also needs 225 points to become YSU's Division I all-time leading scorer. The YSU Division I scoring record is 1,991 by set by Kendrick Perry (2010-14).
• Freshman Naz Bohannon became the first YSU freshman to post at least three double-double in season since joining the Horizon League in 2001-02.
• Bohannon ranks third in Horizon League play with 8.5 rebounds per game. He also ranks seventh overall with 7.6 rpg.
• Senior Cameron Morse has scored 1,014 points in his last 47 Horizon League games for an average of 21.6 points per game.
• Morse ranks in the YSU top 10 in 3-pointers made (2nd), points per game (7th), scoring (8th), free throws made (8th), field goals made (9th), steals (9th), assists (10th).
• Sophomore Braun Hartfield ranks 8th in the Horizon League in scoring (14.7), second in steals per game (1.7).
• In league play, Morse ranks tied for 5th in scoring (16.1 points per game) and Hartfield ranks tied for 7th (15.6 points per game).
• The Youngstown State men's basketball team closes out its two-game homestand against Wright State, Saturday, Feb. 3.
• Tipoff is slated for 7 p.m. at the Beeghly Center.
• The game will be broadcast on 570 WKBN and ESPN3.
• The Penguins head to the Windy City for a return game against UIC, Thursday, Feb. 8, in Chicago, Ill.
• Tipoff is slated for 8 p.m. at the UIC Pavilion.
• The game will be broadcast on 570 WKBN and ESPN3.
Last Time Out
• The Penguins dropped a tough 95-85 decision to Northern Kentucky on Feb. 1.
• Sophomore Braun Hartfield led four players reaching double figures with 23 points and four 3-pointers.
• Junior Tyree Robinson scored a career-high 19 points on 9-of-10 shooting from the field.
• Freshman Naz Bohannon just missed a double-double with eight points and 11 rebounds.
The Wright State Series
• This is the 57th meeting between Youngstown State and Wright State in a series that dates back to 1977.
• The Raiders own a 44-12 advantage in the all-time series.
• The Raiders won the first meeting this season, 77-67, at the Nutter Center.
• The Penguins won, 80-75, last season at the Nutter Center, but lost 84-81, at the Beeghly Center.
• Youngstown State has won nine of its 12 victories against the Raiders at the Beeghly Center.
• Wright State has won the last three meetings at the Beeghly Center.
• The last time YSU defeated the Raiders in the Beeghly Center was a 68-67 win in 2014.
Morse Now in 8th Place on YSU Scoring List
• With 23 points against IUPUI on Jan. 20, senior Cameron Morse moved into eighth place on the YSU all-time scoring list and now has 1,767 career points.
• He also ranks third on the YSU Division I scoring chart.
• Morse needs 17 more points to move into seventh place and 33 more to become the seventh player in school history to school history to score 1,800 points in a career.
• Morse needs 233 points to become the third player in school history to score 2,000 career points.
• Morse also needs 225 points to become YSU's Division I all-time leading scorer with 1,992 points.
• Last season, Morse scored 711 points and had 608 as a sophomore.
Penguins Top 3-Point Shooting Team in League Play
• Over the last 11 games, Youngstown State has been the top 3-point shooting team in the Horizon League.
• The Penguins lead the league with a .404 3-point percentage and ranks second with 8.8 3-pointers made per game.
• YSU also leads the league with 13.8 offensive rebounds per game, but is only averaging 14.7 second-chance points.
• The Penguins rank second in rebounding margin in Horizon League contests with a +4.1.
Robinson Net Career High, Leads HL
• In the 95-85 loss to Northern Kentucky, junior Tyree Robinson posted a career-high 19 points on 9-of-10 shooting from the floor.
• Robinson also dished out three assists with a pair of steals and block.
• With his 9-for-10 performance, Tyree Robinson now leads the Horizon League with a .641 field-goal percentage.
• Against league opponents, Robinson fares even better with a league-best .648 field-goal percentage.
Benton Among 3 Leaders
• Senior Jaylen Benton ranks among the top 3-point shooters in the Horizon League.
• Benton carries a 3-point percentage of .397 and ranks ninth in the Horizon League.
•He also ranks third on the team with 54 assists.
• Benton has also scored in double figures eight times this season.
Bohannon Board Crashing
• Freshman Naz Bohannon is becoming one of the Horizon League's top rebounders.
• Over the last 15 games, Bohannon has grabbed 128 rebounds for an average of 8.5 per game.
• Bohannon ranks seventh in the Horizon League with 7.6 rebounds per game and is averaging 8.5 rebounds in league play, which ranks tied for third.
• He has recorded four double-digit rebound games and had at least six rebounds in 19 of 24 games.
A Win Would
• Give Youngstown State its 13th win over Wright State.
• Snap a three-game losing streak to the Raiders at the Beeghly Center.
• Mark YSU's 10th win over Wright State at the Beeghly Center.
• Mark Jerrod Calhoun's 131st career win and his seventh at Youngstown State.
• Mark the 1,083rd victory in program history.
• Give the Penguins an 7-18 overall record and a 5-7 mark in the Horizon League.
• Mark YSU's sixth home win of the season.
• Match YSU's Horizon League win total from last season.