Feb 06, 2019
|Youngstown State vs. Milwaukee|
|Date & Time||Thursday, Feb. 7 | 7 p.m.|
|Location||Beeghly Center | Youngstown, Ohio|
|Radio||570 WKBN | iHeartRadio|
|TV||ESPN3 | WatchESPN|
|Game Notes||YSU Notes | Milwaukee Notes|
|Live Tweets||@YSUMensHoops | @YSUSports|
|Hash Tags||#GoGuins | #HLWBB|
|Mobile App||YSU Front Row|
• Youngstown State returns home for the first of four straight Horizon League home games when it host Milwaukee, Thursday, Feb. 7, at 7 p.m. The game will be broadcast on 570 WKBN and ESPN3.
The Penguins welcome Green Bay, Saturday, Feb. 9, at 6 p.m.
• Jerrod Calhoun is in his second year at Youngstown State and his seventh season overall as a head coach. The 13th head coach in program history, Calhoun owns a career mark of 140-78 overall and is 16-40 at Youngstown State. The Cleveland, Ohio, native came to YSU after spending five years at Fairmont State, where he led the Fighting Falcons to the 2017 NCAA Division II National Championship game and a 34-3 overall record. Calhoun was named the 2017 Mountain East Conference Coach of the Year and the Mountain East Conference Men's Sports Coach of the Year.
• Patrick Baldwin is in his second season as head coach at Milwaukee and his second year overall as a head coach. He owns a career record of 25-33 in two years.
• Freshman Darius Quisenberry was named the Horizon League Freshman of the Week on Feb. 4. Quisenberry led the Penguins to a 2-0 record last week with a pair of road wins at Oakland on Jan. 31 and Detroit Mercy on Feb. 2. He averaged 18.5 points, 4.5 rebounds and 4.5 assists per game.
• Youngstown State's 25-point win over Milwaukee on Jan. 5 was the largest margin of victory in a true road game in YSU's Division I era (1981-82). It's also the largest margin of victory in a true road game since 1979 (39) at Ashland. The 14 points allowed by the Penguins in the first half against the Panthers are the fewest since they gave up 14 to Georgia on Nov. 12, 2012. The Division I school record for fewest points allowed in a first half is 11 against Southern Utah on Feb. 5, 1998.
• Youngstown State plays the second of four straight Horizon League home games when they host Green Bay, Saturday, Feb. 9.
• Tipoff is set for 6 p.m. ET and will be broadcast on 570 WKBN and ESPN3.
• Milwaukee enters the game with an overall record of 9-14 and a 4-6 Horizon League mark.
• The Panthers have lost their last three league games and are 1-4 in Horizon League road contests.
• Leading Milwaukee is Darius Roy with 15.7 points per game.
Last Time Against Milwaukee
• In the first meeting this season, the Penguins defeated the Panthers, 76-51, on Jan. 5 at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena.
• The 25-point victory was the largest margin of victory in a true road game in YSU's Division I era (1981-82).
• It's also the largest margin of victory in a true road game since 1979 (39) at Ashland.
• Sophomore Garrett Covington led the Penguins with 15 points while freshmen Darius Quisenberry and Jelani Simmons each had 12 points.
The Milwaukee Series
• This is the 45th meeting between Youngstown State and Milwaukee in a series that dates back to 1972.
• The Panthers own a 31-13 advantage in the all-time series, but the Penguins have won three of the last five.
• YSU won the first meeting this season, 76-51, in Milwaukee, and has won the last two games at the Beeghly Center.
• Youngstown State has defeated the Panthers eight times at home and five times on the road.
A Win Would
• Give Youngstown State its ninth win over Milwaukee.
• Mark YSU's first season sweep of the Panthers since 2013.
• Mark YSU's first three-game Horizon League winning streak since the start of the 2017-18 season.
• Give YSU its third straight win over Milwaukee at the Beeghly Center.
• Mark Jerrod Calhoun's 141st career win and his 17th at Youngstown State.
• Mark the 1,093rd victory in program history.
• Give the Penguins an 9-16 overall record and a 5-7 mark in Horizon League play.
• Mark YSU's third home win of the season.