Nov 20, 2018
|Youngstown State vs. Westminster|
|Date & Time||Wednesday, Nov. 21 | 7 p.m.|
|Location||Beeghly Center | Youngstown, Ohio|
|Radio||570 WKBN | iHeartRadio|
|TV||ESPN+ | WatchESPN|
|Game Notes||YSU Notes|
|Live Tweets||@YSUMensHoops | @YSUSports|
|Hash Tags||#GoGuins | #HLWBB|
|Mobile App||YSU Front Row|
The Opening Tip
• The Youngstown State men's basketball team returns to the Beeghly Center for just the second time this season when it hosts Westminster, Wednesday, Nov. 21. Tipoff is set for 7 p.m. and will be broadcast on 570 WKBN.
• Jerrod Calhoun is in his second year at Youngstown State and his seventh season overall as a head coach. The 13th head coach in program history, Calhoun owns a career mark of 134-66 overall and is 10-28 at Youngstown State. The Cleveland, Ohio, native came to YSU after spending five years at Fairmont State, where he led the Fighting Falcons to the 2017 NCAA Division II National Championship game and a 34-3 overall record. Calhoun was named the 2017 Mountain East Conference Coach of the Year and the Mountain East Conference Men's Sports Coach of the Year.
• Kevin Siroki is in his seventh season as head coach at Westminster. He owns a career record of 64-119 and led the Titans to a 19-9 overall record last season. Since the start of the 2016-17 season, Siroki has led the Titans to record of 37-22.
Tickets and Promotions
• Advance tickets for Wednesday's game are available at the YSU Athletic Ticket Office in Stambaugh Stadium. Tickets can be ordered in person or over the phone by calling (330) 941-1YSU.
• The ticket office is open 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Beeghly Center Ticket Office will open at 6 p.m. on Wednesday.
• Wednesday's game will be the first Medical Mutual/Faculty and Staff Appreciation night at Beeghly Center. YSU faculty and staff members can redeem a ticket voucher to receive four complimentary game tickets to the game against the Titans.
• Wednesday will be the first Veterans Appreciation game of the basketball season. All military personnel may bring a valid military ID to the ticket office to receive complimentary game tickets.
• Fans will also receive a YSU Schedule Magnet, courtesy of McDonald's, Rulli Brothers and 21 WFMJ.
Storylines and Notes
• Junior Kendale Hampton led the Penguins with a career-high 32 points in the Penguin's 94-83 win over Columbia on Nov. 16. He made seven 3-pointers, which is tied for fourth on the YSU single-season chart. The last YSU player to make at least seven 3s in a game was Matt Donlan against Robert Morris on Nov. 30, 2016.
• This is the 50th meeting between Youngstown State and Westminster. The Titans own a 29-20 advantage in the all-time series. The Penguins have won the last three contests, including a 91-83 victory at the Beeghly Center on Nov. 21, 2017.
• In Youngstown State's six games, the Penguins have had five different leading scorers. Junior Kendale Hampton has led Penguins in scoring twice while juniors Donel Cathcart III and Devin Morgan, sophomore Garrett Covington and freshman Olamide Pedersen have all led the Penguins once.
• Junior Donel Cathcart III and freshman Darius Quisenberry each scored career highs with 27 and 21 points, respectively, against FIU on Nov. 18. It marked the first time two player reached at least 20 points in the same game since Feb. 24, 2018.
• Youngstown State returns five letterwinners and two starters from last year's team. Returning starters include sophomores Naz Bohannon and Garrett Covington. The Penguins also have just one senior, Noe Anabir, on the roster.
• After celebrating the Thanksgiving holiday, YSU returns to the road to visit Robert Morris, Wednesday, Nov. 28. Tipoff is slated for 7 p.m. in Moon Township, Pa.