Posted: Feb 22, 2019
|Youngstown State at Wright State|
|Date & Time||Saturday, Feb. 23 | 3 p.m.|
|Location||Nutter Center | Dayton, Ohio|
|Radio||570 WKBN | iHeartRadio|
|TV||ESPN3 | WatchESPN|
|Game Notes||YSU Notes | WSU Notes|
|Live Tweets||@YSUMensHoops | @YSUSports|
|Hash Tags||#GoGuins | #HLWBB|
|Mobile App||YSU Front Row|
• Youngstown State plays its final road games of the regular season at Wright State, Feb. 23, at 3 p.m. The game will be broadcast on 570 WKBN and ESPN3.
The Penguins close out the regular season and will celebrate Senior Night against Cleveland State, Saturday, March 2. Tipoff is slated for 6 p.m. at the Beeghly Center. The game will be broadcast on 570 WKBN and ESPN3.
• Jerrod Calhoun is in his second year at Youngstown State and his seventh season overall as a head coach. The 13th head coach in program history, Calhoun owns a career mark of 144-78 overall and is 20-40 at Youngstown State. The Cleveland, Ohio, native came to YSU after spending five years at Fairmont State, where he led the Fighting Falcons to the 2017 NCAA Division II National Championship game and a 34-3 overall record. Calhoun was named the 2017 Mountain East Conference Coach of the Year and the Mountain East Conference Men's Sports Coach of the Year.
• Scott Nagy is in his third season on the Raiders' sidelines, boasting a 42-22 record. Last season, Nagy led the Raiders to the NCAA Tournament and was named the 2018
Horizon League Coach of the Year. He also owns a career record of 249-123 in 24 years as a head coach.
• For the third straight week, freshman Darius Quisenberry was named the Horizon League Freshman of the Week on Feb. 18. Quisenberry averaged 27 points, two rebounds, six assists and 2.5 steals per game while shooting 45.5 percent from the floor, 42.9 percent from 3-point range and 85.7 percent from the free-throw line. He also averaged three made 3-pointers per game. Quisenberry scored a career-high 37 points on 10-of-19 shooting from the floor, including three 3s, and 14-of-16 from the free-throw line in the win over UIC.
• This is the 59th between Youngstown State and Wright State in a series that dates back to 1977. The Raiders own a 46-12 advantage in the all-time series and have won the last four and eight of the last 11. The Penguins' last victory over the Raiders was an 80-75 win in 2017 at the Nutter Center.
• Youngstown State's six-game winning streak was the program's longest winning streak since joining the Horizon League in 2001-02 and the longest since 1997-98. The last time Youngstown State won six games in a row was in 1997-98 when it won seven straight. That year, the Penguins had a seven-game winning streak from Jan. 14 to Feb. 7, and an earlier six-game streak from Dec. 6 to Dec. 26. The Penguins finished with a record of 20-9, their last 20-win season.
• Youngstown State plays its final regular-season game and celebrates Senior Night when it hosts Cleveland State, Saturday, March 2.
• Tipoff is set for 6 p.m. ET and will be broadcast on 570 WKBN and ESPN3.
About Wright State
• Wright State enters the game with an overall record of 17-11 and an 11-4 mark in the Horizon League.
• Loudon Love leads the Raiders with 15.1 points and 8.3 rebounds per game.
• Bill Wampler is averaging 15 points per game.
Last Time Against WSU
• In the first meeting this season, Wright State escaped the Beeghly Center with an 80-74 win on Jan. 17.
• The Penguins led 45-38 halftime but the Raiders scored 28 points off of YSU turnovers and went 18-for-18 from the free-throw line.
• Darius Quisenberry scored a game-high 18 points while senior Noe Anabir scored a career-high 14 points.
• Freshman Jelani Simmons added 12 points.
The Wright State Series
• This is the 59th between Youngstown State and Wright State in a series that dates back to 1977.
• The Raiders own a 46-12 advantage in the all-time series and have won the last four and eight of the last 11.
• The Penguins' last victory over the Raiders was an 80-75 win in 2017 at the Nutter Center.
Last time Out
• Sophomore Naz Bohannon scored a career-high 17 points and grabbed eight rebounds in a 76-69 loss to Northern Kentucky.
• YSU led 64-63 with 3:37 left but the Norse outscored the Penguins, 13-5, to close out the game.
A Win Would
• Give Youngstown State its 13th win over Wright State.
• Snap a four-game losing streak to the Raiders.
• Mark Jerrod Calhoun's 145th career win and his 21st at Youngstown State.
• Mark the 1,097th victory in program history.
• Give the Penguins an 13-17 overall record and a 9-8 mark in Horizon League play.
• Mark YSU's second-most Horizon League wins in a season with nine.
• Mark YSU's sixth road win of the season.
• Mark YSU's fifth Horizon League road victory of the season.