Rocky River, Ohio -- The Youngstown State men's tennis team lost their Horizon League opener 7-0 to Cleveland State at the River Oaks Racquet Club on Friday night.
The Penguins' Felipe Rosa was the only player to win a set taking the first-frame in a three-set loss at No. 2 singles to Yannick Goossens. Goossens rallied to win the second set 6-2 and won the third-set tiebreaker 10-4.
The Penguins return to action Sunday when they play host to Green Bay at the Boardman Tennis Center. The match is set to start at 9 a.m.
Cleveland State 7, Youngstown State 0
March 26, 2010 | River Oaks Racquet Club
1. Orno, Phil (CSU) def. ISMAIL, Tarig (YSU) 6-1, 6-3
2. Goossens, Yannick (CSU) def. ROSA, Felipe (YSU) 3-6, 6-2, 10-4
3. FOX, Rob (CSU) def. HAMNING, Patrick (YSU) 6-0, 6-1
4. Klepatz, Chris (CSU) def. EMIG, Rob (YSU) 6-0, 6-1
5. Haley, John (CSU) def. LESON, Chris (YSU) 6-1, 6-0
6. Jones, Jay (CSU) def. MCELROY, Matt (YSU) 6-0, 6-2
1. FOX, Rob/HALEY, John (CSU) def. ISMAIL, Tarig/ROSA, Felipe (YSU) 8-3
2. GOOSSENS, Yannick/KLEPATZ, Chris (CSU) def. EMIG, Rob/HAMNING, Patrick (YSU) 8-0
3. ORNO, Phil/SPIRTOS, Aris (CSU) def. LESON, Chris/MCELROY, Matt (YSU) 8-5