The Youngstown State men's and women's track and field teams had a solid 2013-14 indoor campaign. The women won their first Horizon League indoor title since 2008 while the men's second-place finish was its best performance since 2009.
- Bobby Grace finished third at the NCAA Indoor Track and Field Championships, the highest finish by an indoor athlete in school history.
- Grace set school record in the shot put with a toss of 19.62 meters on Jan. 24
- Conner Neu set school record in the weight throw with a toss of 20.40 meters on Feb. 21.
- Samantha Hamilton set school record in the mile (4:53.42) on Feb. 1.
- Nicole Waibel set school record in the pole vault clearing a height of 3.89 meters on Feb. 21.
- Women had 14 top-five marks in school history during the year.
- Men had 15 top-five marks in school history during the year.
Horizon League Highlights
- Eric Rupe first YSU male runner to win the 3,000-meter run and just the second to win the 5,000m. Only the third HL runner to win both events at the same HL meet.
- Ciara Jarrett became the first YSU indoor athlete to win an event four consecutive years (200m).
- Women have won seven straight HL high-jump titles and four straight shot put titles. Have won nine of last 10 shot put events.
- Men have won five straight shot put titles.
- William Royal won YSU's first indoor men's long jump title.
- Jen Shiley won first 400m title since 2007.
- Nicole Waibel won YSU's first-ever women's pole vault title.
- Samantha Hamilton's win in the 5,000m was first in either the 3,000m or 5,000m for the women.
Horizon League Accolades
- Men's Champions – William Royal (long jump), Conner Neu (weight throw), Bobby Grace (shot put), Eric Rupe (3,000m and 5,000m).
- Men Runner-Up Finishes – Robin Hall (400m), Eric Rupe (mile), Austin McLean (5,000m), Stephen Lyons (shot put).
- Women Champions – Nicole Waibel (pole vault), Samantha Hamilton (5,000m), Ciara Jarrett (Long Jump and 200-meter dash), Jennifer Neider (shot put), Mackenzie Sturtz (high jump), Jen Shiley (400m).
- Women Runner-Up Finishes – 4x400 relay, Nina Grambling (60-meter dash and 200m), McKinsie Klim (5,000-meter run).
- Men Award Winners – Bobby Grace (Athlete of the Year, Most Outstanding Performer), William Royal (Field Freshman of the Year), Eric Rupe (Individual Scoring Award).
- Women Award Winners - McKinsie Klim (Track Freshman of the Year), Nicole Waibel (Field Freshman of the Year), Brian Gorby (Coach of the Year).