Members of the Youngstown State Track and Field Coaching staff will host a Track and Field Clinic on Sunday at the WATTS. The camp, designed for throwers and jumpers, will be led by jumps coach Katrina Brumfield and throws coach John Seaver. Also providing assistance former NCAA All-American thrower Bobby Grace.
The cost of the camp is $85 and is is open to any an all entrants in grades 7-12. Instruction will be provided.
- Receive specific and individual instruction on improving jump/throwing mechanics and drills for jump/throws enhancement.
- Focus on developing fundamental skills is necessary for successful jumps and throws.
- Apply skills learned into live jumps or throws.
- Technique and training instruction in high jump, long jump, shot put or hammer.
- Personal evaluation.
What to Wear/Bring:
- T-Shirt or Athletic top
- Shorts or tights
- Running Shoes
- Pole for Pole Vault
- Throwing Implements: Disc, Javelin, Shot, Hammer (will have some hammers to use)
- High Jump Spikes, Long jump Spikes, hurdle spikes or Throwing shoes
- Water Bottle
For more information email Coach Brumfield at firstname.lastname@example.org
YSU will also host an Elite Jumps and Throws Clinic on Jan. 15.
Dec. 3 Schedule
8:00 AM - 8:30 AM
|8:30 AM - 9:00 AM||Welcome / Intro|
|9:00 AM - 11:00 AM||Event Tech Session 1|
|11:00 AM - 11:15 AM||General Talk|
|11:15 AM - 1:00 PM||Event Tech Session 2|
|1:00 PM - 1:30 PM||Closing|