After setting the facility record in the prelims of the 60m dash with a time of 7.41 seconds, Elliott ran an even faster time in the finals at 7.36 seconds to win the event and lower the record time.
Freshman Terron Taylor finished tied for second in the high jump having cleared a mark of 1.99m on his second attempt.
Senior Dom Westbay finished third in the shot put with a throw of 17.06m on his first attempt of the afternoon. Chontel Fils had a third place finish in the triple jump after jumping 12.15m on her third attempt of the afternoon.
To close out the afternoon, the women's 4x400 relay team of Iva Domitrovich, Alison Green, Suerethia Henderson, and Elliott ran a time 3:55.28, the fastest time a women's 4x400 relay team has posted this season. On the men's side, the 4x400 relay team of Collin Harden, Brendon Lucas, Cole Smith, and Pierlus Stewart posted a time of 3:25.72.
The Penguins are back in action next Friday when they compete in the Akron Zips Invitational for one final tuneup before the league championships.
Other Notable YSU Performances
- Caitlyn Trebella and Shelby Marken tied for second in the unseeded pole vault (3.53m)
- Ethan Sparks was fifth in the 5,000m (15:19.30)
- Josh Beaumont was fifth in the 60m dash (6.98 seconds)
- Nicole Squatrito was fifth in the 1 mile run and ran the third fastest time in school history (5:01.24)
- Seth Stokes was fifth in the high jump (1.89m)
- Kaitlyn Merwin was fifth in the shot put and set a new personal-best with a throw of 14.83m
- James Nedrich was sixth in the 5,000m (15:31.69)
- Jamynk Jackson was sixth in the 60m dash (7.00 seconds)
- Chris Butler was sixth in the 1 mile run (4:17.31)
- Cole Smith was sixth in the 60m hurdles (8.24 seconds)
- Daiquain Watson was sixth in the long jump (6.90m)
- Natalie Fleming had season-best time in the 800m (2:16.37)
- Jennifer Muhlenkamp set a personal-best time and ran the 10th fastest time in school history in the 3,000m (10:15.42)