Youngstown State senior Chad Zallow has been awarded the Alfreeda Goff Indoor Track & Field Athlete-of-the-Year Award. Zallow becomes the first Horizon League's indoor track and field athlete to be named the male Athlete of the Year four consecutive years.
Zallow's 2018-19 indoor season has been nothing short of spectacular, as he's won the 60m hurdles four times and the 60m dash three times. He enters the Horizon League Championships this weekend with the opportunity to add to his legacy.
Coming into championship weekend Zallow...
- Ranks fourth in the NCAA in the 60m hurdles with a time of 7.66 seconds
- Has won the 60m hurdles four time this year including at the Penn State National Open and Clemson Orange & Purple Elite Invitational
- Placed third in the Fred Schmertz 60m hurdles at the 112th Millrose Games with a time of 7.69 seconds
- Set the school record in the 60m dash with a time of 6.72 seconds at the YSU College Invitational (Jan. 28)
- Has the fastest time in the league in the 60m dash (6.72 seconds) and 60m hurdles (7.66 seconds)
- Also owns the quickest time in the 200m dash with a time of 21.37 seconds
- Four-time recipient of the Horizon League Male Runner of the Week honors