Tomei's Horizon League Champions
- 2019 Kaitlyn Merwin (HL Outdoor) Shot Put
- 2019 Nicolette Kreatsoulas (HL Outdoor) Hammer Throw
- 2019 Angela Lock (HL Outdoor) Javelin
- 2019 Dom Westbay (HL Outdoor) Discus
- 2019 Jake Wilson (HL Outdoor) Javelin
- 2019 Kaitlyn Merwin (HL Indoor) Shot Put
- 2019 Nicolette Kreatsoulas (HL Indoor) Weight Throw
Megan Tomei, a northeast Ohio native is in her first year as throws coach for Head Choach Brian Gorby.
Tomei started her coaching career in 2012 at the high school level when she wanted to spread her passion for throwing onto other young athletes. She has coached a multitude of athletes to the OHSAA state meet, including state champions as well as a dozen others reaching the podium. This past spring, Tomei also helped coach the Marines through the Wounded Warrior Project.
Prior to her coaching career, Tomei was a standout thrower for the Ashland Track and Field program. While throwing the shotput, hammer and weight throws, Tomei was a 15 time All-American and an eight time DII NCAA National qualifier. While serving as a team captain, Tomei was awarded the GLIAC Women's Field Athlete of the Year three years in a row. In 2017, Tomei was named the USTFCCCA Women's Midwest Region Indoor Field Athlete of the Year.
A native of Tallmadge, Ohio, Tomei graduated from Ashland University in 2018 with a Bachelors of Science in Exercise Science, a minor in Social Work, and a Masters of Business Administration with a focus on Sports Management.