|Youngstown State vs. Northern Kentucky|
|Date & Time||Monday, Jan. 21 | 1 p.m.|
|Location||Beeghly Center | Youngstown, Ohio|
|Tickets||(330) 941-1YSU | YSUsports.com|
|Radio||570 WKBN | iHeartRadio|
|Live Tweets||@YSUWomensHoops | @YSUsports|
|Hash Tags||#GoGuins | #HLWBB|
|Mobile App||YSU Front Row|
Due to an unforeseen leak in the Beeghly Center roof caused by a large overnight snowfall, Youngstown State's game against Northern Kentucky has been postponed until Monday at 1 p.m. All admission for the game will be free.
- Youngstown State will try to ride the wave from Friday's big win and sweep its third Horizon League weekend of the season as it hosts Northern Kentucky on Sunday. Tipoff against the Norse is set for 1 p.m. at Beeghly Center, and the game will be broadcast live on 570 WKBN, iHeartRadio, ESPN3 and WatchESPN.
- The Penguins improved to 10-1 at home this season and knocked off a main contender for the conference title for the second straight game on Rosselli Court as they beat Wright State 83-68 on Friday. YSU handed Wright State its first league loss, and beat IUPUI (5-2 in HL play) at home on Jan. 5.
- YSU led the Raiders by double digits for the final 19 minutes and trailed for just 44 seconds in Friday's win. Sarah Cash and Alison Smolinski both had 22 points, and McKenah Peters scored 12 of her career-high-tying 17 points in the second quarter to help YSU lead 37-26 at halftime. The Guins started the second half on a 13-4 run.
- YSU is 5-2 in league play and is one of four teams in the conference with five wins. It trails Wright State and Green Bay by a half game in the standings.
- The Penguins are 15-4 in their last 19 Horizon League contests, and they are 23-9 over their last 32 games overall.
- YSU is in a five-game homestand in which it will go 26 days between road games. The five-game homestand is the longest for YSU since 2013, and it is the longest Horizon League homestand in program history.
- Three different YSU players — Alison Smolinski, Chelsea Olson and Mary Dunn — have been named the Horizon League Player of the Week in the past six weeks.
- Smolinski is YSU's career record holder with 216 career 3-pointers. She ranks fourth in the country with 63 3-pointers this season.
- YSU leads the Horizon League in scoring margin, field-goal percentage defense, free-throw percentage, assists, assist-to-turnover ratio and 3-pointers per game. It ranks second in scoring offense, scoring defense and rebounding margin.
Tickets, Promotions and Fan Information
- Due to the rescheduling of the contest, there will be no admission charge for the game.
- Parking Information
- Visitors Guide
Previewing Northern Kentucky
A Win Would...
- Improve YSU's record to 14-5 overall and 6-2 in HL play.
- Give YSU a 10-1 record at Beeghly Center this season.
- Be YSU's fourth straight over the Norse.
- Be the 607th in school history and the 96th under Head Coach John Barnes.
Scouting The Norse
- Northern Kentucky is 3-13 overall and 2-4 in Horizon League play following a 76-47 loss at Cleveland State on Friday. The Norse beat Milwaukee 55-54 and UIC 67-49, and it had a six-point loss to Wright State.
- The Norse rank fourth in the Horizon League in scoring defense allowing 63 points per game, and they are also fourth in rebounding margin.
- Freshman Taylor Clos leads the Norse with 9.2 points per game, and Molly Glick averages nine points. They have combined for 49 3-pointers this season. Grayson Rose ranks in the top six in the Horizon League in rebounding and blocks.
- Overall: Tied 4-4
- Barnes: 3-3 // Home: 3-1 // Away: 1-3 // Neutral: 0-0
- Current Win Streak: 3 by Youngstown State
Last Time vs. NKU: W, 60-59 (2/19/18)
- YSU made six 3s in the first quarter to build a big lead and held on late to beat Northern Kentucky 60-59 on Feb. 19, 2018, at BB&T Arena.
- The Penguins made seven of their first 10 attempts from beyond the arc to take a 23-9 lead 13 minutes into the game. NKU fought to get within four at halftime and cut the deficit to as few as one with less than three minutes remaining in the fourth period.
- The Penguins led for 38:17 and never trailed in the contest.
- Nikki Arbanas went 3-for-4 from the free-throw line in the final 12 seconds to give YSU a four-point lead, and NKU hit a 3 at the buzzer for the final margin.
- Sarah Cash scored eight of her 12 points in the fourth period.
Last Time at Home vs. NKU: W, 54-51 (1/25/18)
- Indiya Benjamin hit a go-ahead basket with 24.7 seconds left to help YSU rally for a 54-51 win over NKU at Beeghly Center on Jan. 25, 2018.
- NKU led 21-9 seven minutes into the game, but YSU went on a 17-3 run to o up 26-24 with two minutes left in the opening half. The margin was five points or less for the final 31:49 of the game.
- YSU committed 22 turnovers in the game, which led to 24 NKU points. Chelsea Olson collected her first career double-double with 16 points and 11 rebounds.
- Youngstown State will continue its five-game homestand on Saturday as it hosts Cleveland State at 1 p.m. It will be the first Better With Burgan Mortgage Mania Challenge game of the season, and fans will receive a YSU ruler, courtesy of Compco Industries, HBK and 21 WFMJ.