|Youngstown State vs. Kent State|
|Date & Time||Saturday, Nov. 9 | 1 p.m.|
|Location||Beeghly Center | Youngstown, Ohio|
|Tickets||(330) 941-1YSU | YSUsports.com|
|Video||ESPN3 | WatchESPN|
|Live Tweets||@YSUWomensHoops | @YSUsports|
|Hash Tags||#GoGuins | #HLWBB|
|Mobile App||YSU Front Row|
- The Youngstown State women's basketball team will face an early challenge in the 2019-20 season as it hosts Northeast Ohio rival Kent State on Saturday. Tipoff at Beeghly Center is set for 1 p.m., and the game will be broadcast live on ESPN3 and YSNLive.com.
- YSU opened the campaign with an emphatic 87-59 win over Canisius on Tuesday. The Penguins doubled up the Golden Griffins 28-14 at the end of a period, and the margin was at least a dozen for the final 31 minutes.
- Junior guard Chelsea Olson did something no Penguin had done since 1986 when she posted a triple-double against Canisius. Olson finished with 13 points, 11 assists and 10 rebounds against the Golden Griffins. The most recent Penguin to have a triple-double was Danielle Carson on Feb. 24, 1986.
- Junior Ny'Dajah Jackson was YSU's top scorer on Tuesday in her first game as a Penguin. The transfer from Providence scored a game-high 22 points, going 8-of-12 overall from the field, 3-of-5 from 3-point range and 3-of-4 from the free-throw line. She added seven rebounds and four assists.
- Seven newcomers saw the court in the season opener against Canisius. Jackson and Taylor Petit started at guard and combined to score 37 points. The full group of newcomers, which also included Mady Aulbach, Quinece Hatcher, Maddie Schires, Gabby Lupardus, Jen Wendler and Emma VanZanten, combined to score 58 points.
Tickets, Promotions and Fan Information
- Parking Information
- Visitors Guide
- Promotional Schedule
- Advance tickets for Saturday's game are available at the YSU Athletic Ticket Office in Stambaugh Stadium. Tickets can be ordered in person or over the phone by calling (330) 941-1YSU. The ticket office is open 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Beeghly Center Ticket Office will open at noon on Saturday.
- YSU will sponsor a canned food drive to support Second Harvest Food Bank at Saturday's game. Fans who bring a canned good to donate can purchase a general admission ticket for $5.
Scouting Kent State
Kent State beat Duquesne 77-75 when Megan Carter hit a floater in the lane in the final second on Tuesday. The Golden Flashes' underclassmen accounted for 63 points in the game. Carter is one of four returning starters from last year's team that went 20-13 and beat Green Bay in the WNIT. The Golden Flashes were picked to finish third in the MAC East, and Carter was a preseason all-conference pick.
Youngstown State will play its first road game of the season on Wednesday at Robert Morris. Tipoff at the brand new UPMC Events Center will be at 7 p.m.