Saint-Gilles won the 200-yard backstroke with a time of 2:24.51. She took first in the event by a second-and-a-half. She was also second in the 100-yard breaststroke with a time of 1:07.73.
In the one-meter, Glick won with a score of 215.15 while Stelter was second with a 195.10. In the three-meter, Stelter was first with a score of 246.25 and Glick was second with a 231.10.
YSU had a strong performance in the 200 butterfly with two finishers in the top four. Aida Jurinovics was second with a time of 2:07.08 while Haley Fisher was fourth with a 2:10.57. Taylor Bishop was third in the 500-yard freestyle with a time of 5:12.45.
The Penguins placed third in six-team Invitational scoring 451 points. YSU finished ahead of Southern Illinois, Butler and Valparaiso. Saint Louis won the Invitational with a 722.5 while Xavier was second with a 698.5.
Notable YSU Performances
- Viktoria Orosz - 2:10.42 in the 200-yard backstroke (fourth place); 59.10 seconds in the 100-yard backstroke (fifth place)
- Taylor Bishop - 18:18.88 in 1,650-yard freestyle
- Jamie Leming - 1:00.19 in the 100-yard backstroke
- Rachel Shipp - 2:14.98 in the 200 IM (fourth place); 59.74 seconds in the 100-yard butterfly
- Aida Jurinovics - 1:57.95 in the 200-yard freestyle; 1:00.04 in the 100-yard butterfly
The Penguins are next in action on Friday at Illinois.