Monroeville, Pa. - The Youngstown State women's tennis team defeated Saint Francis 5-2 on Friday at The Club Sport and Health in Monroeville.
The Penguins have now won four straight matches following the victory ove the Red Flash.
YSU picked up four singles wins and two double victories to earn the win.
Saint Francis had to default at No. 3 doubles and a 7-5 win by Noelly Longi Nsimba and Tamara Teufl at No. 2 doubles earned the point.
YSU returns to action on Saturday when it plays host to Ball State. First serve at the Boardman Tennis Center is set for 2 p.m.
1. Gutierrez/Tamarkin (SFU) def. Hassim/Macias(YSU), 6-3
2. Nsimba/Teufl (YSU) def. Miller/Seigford(SFU), 7-5
3. Khokhlova/Stroe (YSU) won the match by default (No SFU Player)
Order of Finish: 3,1,2
1. Nsimba (YSU) def. Seigford (SFU), 6-2, 6-1
2. Macias (YSU) def. Gutierrez (SFU), 6-0, 6-4
3. Khokhlova (YSU) def. Bode (SFU), 6-3, 4-6, 6-2
4. Miller (SFU) def. Hassim (YSU), 2-6, 7-5, 10-4
5. Tamarkin (SFU) def. Teufl (YSU), 6-3, 3-6, 10-7
6. Moraleja (YSU) won the match by default (No SFU Player)
Order of Finish: 6,1,2,3,5,4