|Youngstown State vs. Oberlin|
|Date & Time||Saturday, Dec. 3 | 8 p.m.|
|Location||Beeghly Center | Youngstown, Ohio|
|Tickets||YSU Athletic Ticket Office | (330) 941-1YSU
|Radio||iHeartRadio | 570 WKBN
|Video||ESPN3 | WatchESPN App|
|Live Tweets||@YSUSports | @YSUMensHoops
|Hash Tags||#GoGuins | #YSUMBB
|Text Alerts||Sign Up|
|Mobile App||YSU Front Row|
|YSU Info||Game Notes | Record Book|
• The Youngstown State men's basketball team goes for its fourth win in the last five games when it hosts Oberlin, Saturday, Dec. 3, at the Beeghly Center.
• Tipoff is set for 8 p.m. and is the second half of a women's and men's basketball doubleheader.
• The game will be broadcast on 570-AM WKBN, ESPN3 and the WatchESPN app.
• The Penguins return to the road to take on Big Ten member Michigan State, Tuesday, Dec. 6.
• Tipoff is at 7 p.m. at the Breslin Center and the game will be broadcast on ESPNU and 570-AM WKBN.
Last Time Out
• Senior Matt Donlan hit a 3-pointer with 16 seconds left to lift the Penguins to a 75-74 come-from-behind win over Robert Morris on Nov. 30.
• The Penguins scored five points in the final 33 seconds for the win.
• Donlan scored 21 points on a career-high seven 3-pointers made.
• Junior Francisco Santiago scored 20 points, including 15 in the second half.
Morse Among Nation's Leaders
• According to the most recent NCAA statistics release (Nov. 30), junior Cameron Morse ranks high among the national leaders in several categories.
• Morse ranks sixth in points per game (23.7), ninth in total field goals made (60) and 12th in total points (166).
Donlan Hits For Career High
• Senior Matt Donlan made a career-high seven 3-pointers in the win over Rober Morris on Nov. 30.
• Donlan became just the eighth player in school history to make at least seven 3s in a game.
• It was the 17th time that feat was accomplished and the first time since Blake Allen made seven in 2013.
The Cisco Kid
• Junior Francisco Santiago has stepped up his overall game recently.
• Over the last four contests, Santiago is averaing 16.8 points per game and shooting 65.7 percent from the field (23-for-35) and 57.1 percent (4-for-7) from 3-point range.
• He is also averaging 6.5 assists per game and 4.3 rebounds per game.
Frantz Among League Leaders
• Senior Brett Frantz has been one of the Horizon League's top 3-pointer shooters this season.
• Frantz ranks tied for second in the league with a .447 3-point percentage.
• Frantz has made 17 3-pointers in eight games this season and 24 all of last year.
• Frantz, who scored a career-high 18 points against Westminster, posted double figures in consecutive games for the first time in his career with 11 points against Canisius on Nov. 26.
Morse Named Preseason All-Horizon League
• Junior Cameron Morse, a 2016 All-Horizon League selection, was named to the Preseason All-Horizon League First-Team.
• Morse led the Horizon League in scoring in league games with 23.3 points per game and ranked second overall with 20.3 points per game.
Donlan Reaches Century Mark From Arc
• With seven 3s against Robert Morris, senior Matt Donlan reached 100 career 3-pointers made.
• In 40 career games, Donlan has made 103 baskets from beyond the arc.
• He has made at least one 3-pointer in 38 of 40 career games, including the last 12 contests.
• For his career, he is averaging 2.6 3-pointers made per game.
Santiago Nets Double-Double
• Junior Francisco Santiago posted the third double-double of his career against Canisius on Nov. 26.
• He scored a career-high 23 points with 11 assists.
• Head Coach Jerry Slocum has 714 career wins and became the 38th head coach in NCAA history to reach 700 wins.
• He ranks 36th all-time eighth among active NCAA Division I coaches with 714 wins.
• Oberlin enters the game with a 1-4 record and has lost three straight.
• Jack Poyle leads the Yeomen with 16 points per game.
• Nathan Cohen and Eric Holt are averaging 11.6 and 11.2 points per game, respectively.
The Oberlin Series
• This is just the seventh meeting between Youngstown State and Oberlin in a series that dates back to 1928.
• The Penguins own a 4-2 advantage in the all-time series. The Penguins won the last meeting, 71-53, in 2014.