Nov 27, 2017
|Youngstown State vs. Robert Morris|
|Date & Time||Wednesday, Nov. 29 @ 7 p.m.|
|Location||Beeghly Center |Youngstown, Ohio|
|Radio||570 WKBN | iHeartRadio|
|Video||ESPN3 | WatchESPN|
|Live Tweets||@YSUMensHoops | @YSUSports|
|Hash Tags||#GoGuins | #HLMBB|
|Mobile App||YSU Front Row|
Youngtown State Storylines
• First-year Head Coach Jerrod Calhoun became the program's 13th head coach on March 28, 2017.
• Senior guard Cameron Morse needs just 468 more points to become the third player in program history to record 2,000 points in a career.
• Morse, a two-time All-Horizon League selection, also needs 460 points to become YSU's Division I all-time leading scorer.
• Senior guard Francisco Santiago ranks tied for eighth in school history with 304 career assists. He became the ninth player in school history with 300 assists in a career.
• YSU set single-game records for most points (134), steals (37) and margin of victory (88) in its 134-46 win over Franciscan on Nov. 14. YSU also tied the mark for most field-goal attempts.
• According to College Basketball Reference, freshman Garrett Covington is the fourth player since 2010 to have 7+ steals and a 100% FG% in a game, and the first to score double-digits while doing it. Covington had 16 points, tied a school record with seven steals and had eight assists.
• Morse is the 12th player in school history to score 1,500 points and ranks 11th all-time with 1,532.
• Sophomore Braun Hartfield set a career-scoring high with 33 points against Canisius on Nov. 18. He also tied a career high with five 3-pointers.
• The Youngstown State men's basketball team hosts Robert Morris in its final non-league home game of the season, Wednesday, Nov. 29.
• Tipoff is slated for 7 p.m. at the Beeghly Center and will be broadcast on 570-AM WKBN and ESPN3.
• The Penguins will play the first of six straight road contests when it visits Big East member DePaul, Saturday, Dec. 2.
• Tipoff is slated for 2 p.m. EST at Wintrust Arena and will be broadcast on 570 WKBN and Fox Sports Network.
Last Time Out
• The Penguins dropped an 81-53 decision to South Dakota on Sunday afternoon at the Sanford Pentagon Showcase in Sioux Falls, S.D.
• Senior Cameron Morse led the Penguins with 12 points while sophomore Jeremiah Ferguson tied a career high with 10 points.
Morse Named to All-Tournament Team
Senior Cameron Morse was named to the Sanford Pentagon Showcase All-Tournament Team.
• Over the last four game, Morse averaged 17.8 points per game and had a season-high 24 against Southern Miss on Nov. 25.
The Robert Morris Series
• This is the 18th meeting between Youngstown State and Robert Morris in a series that dates back to 1989.
• The Colonials lead the all-time series, 9-8, but the Penguins have won the last four, including a 75-74 victory in Moon Township last season.
• YSU won the last meeting at the Beeghly Center, 65-58, in 2015.
Morse 2,000-Point Countdown
• Senior Cameron Morse has scored 1,532 career points and needs 468 points to become the third player in school history to score 2,000 career points.
• Morse also needs 460 points to become YSU's Division I all-time leading scorer with 1,992 points.
• Last season, Morse scored 711 points and had 608 as a sophomore.
Ferguson Net Career High
• Sophomore Jeremiah Ferguson scored a career-high 10 points against Northern Colorado on Nov. 24 then tied his career high against South Dakota on Nov. 26.
• It marks Ferguson's first double-figure scoring games of his career.
• Ferguson is also averaging 2.5 assists per game.
• Junior Tyree Robinson has been quite efficient on the floor.
• Robinson is averaging 10.0 points per game while playing just 12.5 minutes per contest.
• He is also shooting 67.6 percent (25-of-37) from the floor.
Hartfield Nets Career Highs
• Sophomore Braun Hartfield turned in a career night in the Penguins' loss to Canisius on Nov. 18.
• The Cleveland, Ohio, native scored a career-high 31 points on 11-of-18 shooting from the field, including a career-high-tying five 3-pointers.
• His previous high was 22 points against Cleveland State in the first round of the 2017 Horizon League Championship.
Morse Named to Lou Henson Award Preseason Watch List
• Senior has been named to the 2017-18 Lou Henson Award Watch List.
• The Lou Henson Award is presented annually to the nation's top Division I mid-major player.
• Morse is one of four Horizon League players on the list.
A Win Would
• Give Youngstown State its fifth straight win over Robert Morris.
• Mark the ninth win over the Colonials and tie the all-time series at 9-9.
• Mark Jerrod Calhoun's 127th career win and his third at Youngstown State.
• Mark the 1,079th victory in program history.
• Give the Penguins an 3-5 overall record.
• Mark YSU's third win of the season.
Cisco Dishes 300
• With three assists against Canisius, senior Francisco Santiago became the ninth player in school history to record at least 300 career assists.
• He ranks tied for eighth all-time with 304 and needs one more to move into sole possession of eighth place.