The Youngstown State women's basketball enjoyed outstanding fellowship, a capacity turnout and ideal weather conditions at the program's annual golf outing this past Saturday at Knoll Run in Coitsville.
The outing had 36 foursomes as the event regularly sells out, and the weather was pleasantly cool for a late-August afternoon. The conditions allowed for the winning foursome of Belleria Hubbard to card a low-run of 53, which was 19-under par. That group won the men’s division by two strokes, edging Thomas Kempe’s foursome by two strokes.
There was a three-way tie at 11-under par in the women’s division, and Jack Colonna’s group took the top prize in a scorecard playoff. Women’s basketball alumna Ann Marie Martin led a group that won the second scorecard playoff to take second place. The “Joe” Dickey Electric foursome won a scorecard playoff to take the top prize in the mixed division at 15-under par. Sharon Harper’s group also shot 15-under.
Below are the skill-prize winners at the outing:
- Longest putt on hole 8: Rob Dovich
- Closest to the pin on hole 5: Marilynn Woods
- Closest to the pin on hole 11: John Marsco
- Longest drive on hole 4 (men): Will Klucinec
- Longest drive on hole 4 (women): Heidi Hart
- Longest drive on hole 4 (senior): John Marsco
- Skins – hole 1: Dr. Tavolario’s foursome
- Skins – hole 6: Dr. Tavolario’s foursome
- Skins – hole 12: Mike Yourstowsky’s foursome
- Skins – hole: 15: Kaleel Brothers foursome
The women's basketball program would like to thank its long list of sponsors for the golf outing. There were three sponsors at the All-American level: Mike & Janet Murray, Powered Aire Inc. and Marucci and Gaffney Excavating. Horizon League sponsors were Jack Colonna, Earl Trimmer, BRT Extrusions, INC. and Penn Tool. Penguin level sponsors included Shapes Unlimited, Inc., Dr. John Geletka, DDS, Greenwood Chevrolet, Frank and Joyce Frattaroli, Farmers National Bank, Coach John Barnes, “Joe” Dickey Electric, Belleria Hubbard, Belleria Struthers, Jack Cramb/Power Management, Jill and Jerry McGee, A.P. O’Horo and Guenther Hladiuk.